This is a continuous story arc for levels 1-4:
AL05-02 - The Black Road
AL05-03 - Uninvited Guests
AL05-06 - Beneath the Fetid Chelimber
AL05-07 - Chelimber's Descent
AL05-10 - Giant Diplomacy
AL05-12 - Bad Business in Parnast
AL05-16 - Parnast Under Seige

This series is a really good start to a campaign. Some need tweaking (like Chemlimber's Descent, which isn't uncommon for AL modules) but overall it's a really nice arc with lots of non-combat options and interesting combats.

Since it begins with the players in a desert, I was starting to put together a "badlands" mini-sandbox campaign with The Sunless Citadel on the edge of the desert. The players would start there and then make their way to trade outpst of Vuerthyl (where the adventures begin).

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
This series is a really good start to a campaign. Some need tweaking (like Chemlimber's Descent, which isn't uncommon for AL modules) but overall it's a really nice arc with lots of non-combat options and interesting combats.

Since it begins with the players in a desert, I was starting to put together a "badlands" mini-sandbox campaign with The Sunless Citadel on the edge of the desert. The players would start there and then make their way to trade outpst of Vuerthyl (where the adventures begin).

The highlights are definitely 02, 03, and 10, which are all great. 07, as you mentioned, is kind of a mess (I'd actually consider simply skipping 06 & 07). 12 is a lot of work to run and the payoff isn't spectacular or anything. 16 can be either epic or a slog.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
There is the Lost City Of Mezro séries on DMs Guild.
I forgot those were AL adventures! You're right, they're probably exactly the kind of thing the OP is looking for. It's a set of four arcs of three adventures each, set in Chult after the events of Tomb of Annihilation, which can be played individually or strung together into a full campaign. You can even buy the full collection in a PoD hardback book, if you wish!

Or you can purchase each arc individually:

Scalable for levels 5-10:

Scalable for levels 11-16:

Also, I haven't played the DDAL05 series, so ...

This is a continuous story arc for levels 1-4:

This is a continuous story arc for levels 5-10:
Could someone who has run/played these give a brief summary of the storyline?

Last edited:

Remove ads