Alchemy

Dodavehu

First Post
The Adventurer's Vault is rapidly becoming a chocolate milkshake for me. I wish to drink this milkshake. I wish to drink it up.
I drink your milkshake!

Also, my artificer is going to pick this up as soon as she can as well. Too bad she's already 8th lev (and just got Linked Portal).
--

Stogoe

First Post
I was already going to snatch this book up the second it came out, and now I have even more reason to get it. New weapons, new magic items, alchemy and airships? Plus things we don't even know about yet? Yes please.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
From the looks of things, it doesn't seem like it will add a lot of value for a wizard: he already has at-will and encounter powers that do most of the things that alchemy (at least the limited items here) can do.

I suppose the difference is that he can hand them out to party members.

mattdm

First Post
From the looks of things, it doesn't seem like it will add a lot of value for a wizard: he already has at-will and encounter powers that do most of the things that alchemy (at least the limited items here) can do.

I suppose the difference is that he can hand them out to party members.

Also, wizards can opt to take other powers instead; this increases their versatility.

Unless I'm misreading the article, I don't like the fact that the attack roll is fixed. I don't like the idea that everyone is equally accurate when throwing a flask.

The problem is that if the attack roll is based off of the user, then every 20th level character gets a Range 10, burst 1, 3d6 fire attack as a "free" at-will since carrying around 500 level 11 alchemist's fires wouldnt put the slightest dent in a character's budget at that point.

Ravingdork

Explorer
Can anyone say KAMIKAZE KOBOLDS? :D

KoboldKamikazes.jpg

Last edited:

Ahglock

First Post
Wow this rocks! I especially like the Alchemist Fire and the Tanglefoot Bag, but I think that the Smokestick is to weak (150gp for only light obscurence and one round).

I think the smokestick is the only decent one. Yeah the effect is minor but 150GP becomes nothing. Keeping your alchemist fire at its basic as good as an at will state costs insane loot for a one shot item at all levels.

Remove ads