Align this character.

Merkuri

Explorer
Will said:
What evidence do we have that he has a strict code of morals and behavior? From the write-up, it sounds more like a bunch of exceptions and arbitrary decisions based on viewpoints.

Another thing I thought of... his willingness to judge people fit or unfit to have children makes me think "lawful" as well.

Technik4

First Post
He may not consider that "harm."

Heh. Many villains don't consider themselves evil, but alignments are objective not subjective. The point is, it IS harmful to render someone sterile, especially if you are doing it on the basis that they would have poor offspring.

This isn't 'The strongest will survive' this is 'I will preemptively stop the weak from being born'. Evil.

Also everyone makes 'judgements' about things. That does not mean everyone is lawful. We usually call them 'opinions' :p

Trench

First Post
I'd say Lawful Evil. He has a strict code and sticks to it, but uses the code for obviously evil ends. Lawful neutral is also a possibility.

Lawful Evil is Darth Vader and Admiral Cain from BSG. This guy seems to follow that particular pattern of morality for me. Number 9 veers it into Chaotic territory, but not enough to alter it. Plus, he's doing so not to "get laid", but as part of a concerted, organized effort and plan. Lawful.

Will

First Post
I confess to a great curiousity as to how someone in a D&D setting sterilizes other people.

My guess is either this wasn't D&D, or the OP is being cute and using a RL person like Goering.

I also note that part of my judgement of CE is reading between the lines; someone with a really zig-zagging line of morality, IMO, is someone making excuses for doing whatever the hell they feel like and calling it a 'code.'

Merkuri

Explorer
Will said:
I confess to a great curiousity as to how someone in a D&D setting sterilizes other people.

Um, there were eunuchs in the medieval period. They were very sterile.

Don't know about women, though. There's always magic, I guess.

Merkuri

Explorer
Technik4 said:
The point is, it IS harmful to render someone sterile, especially if you are doing it on the basis that they would have poor offspring

I didn't say that made it any less evil. ;)

Technik4 said:
Also everyone makes 'judgements' about things. That does not mean everyone is lawful. We usually call them 'opinions' :p

It's one thing to have opinions and another thing to act on them in a position of authority (whether real or assumed).

Remove ads