Alistra Recovered!

DMEntropy

First Post
Alistra, Uli and the Captain are alive and recovered after the basement brawl at Yalgad's manor house. Unfortunately, Yalgad has escaped detection. The three captives tell you that he came into their prison room in a rush. He went into the next room for a few minutes then came out and waited with guards listening at each of the secret doors. Once he heard combat with the wolverine start up he fled out the door on the rails.

Alistra has suffered on a minor injury to her neck. All three were apparently burned after the nagan drank a potion and breathed fire all over to burn up the webs. Their burns are not too bad though.

Uli's hands are badly damaged. The crew described well what happened to him. After the Avonia was captured, Yalgad himself crushed his hands against the main mast with a club in retaliation for the spells used against his ship and crew.

Alistra then asks, "What of the crew? Are they alive?"

Map links:
http://entropyt13k.tripod.com/Maps/YalgadManor.jpg
http://entropyt13k.tripod.com/Maps/YalgadBasement.jpg

Aguirre

First Post
Several minutes after charging out of the room, Walfilbalf returns, dragging behind him the bloody corpse of the half-orc. When he reaches the room entryway, he releases his grip on the half-orc's leg and walks over to the others, just in time to hear Alistra's question.

"Hoy, no need ta worry 'bout 'em. They was bein' 'eld inna ware'ouse in town, an' we freed 'em 'fore we came 'ere. They're all waitin' fer us ta free ye, then we're off ta yer boat."

Walfilbalf suddenly looks a little sheepish and embarrassed, "Sorry if ye heard what I said b'fore ma'am. I was tryin' ta get 'em ta surrender. Din't wannem ta get away s'easy."

He shrugs again in apology, "Ah, me name's Walfilbalf, by tha way. Pleased ta meet cha."

RJKrik

First Post
Azeem (after using one of Elendil's CLW scrolls to heal Alistra a bit) explains the situation.

"We've recovered the crew, the pirate who had you, Yalgad, was holding them in a warehouse. We've gotten them out and they are awaiting our return so that we can get to the Avonia. There is a "Duke" here on this island that controls the Trebuchetts ((spelling?)), we'll have to pay him off before we can escape I'm afraid. He may want something like 500 or 600 eagles. We should have enough to cover that though. We may have a small bit of trouble getting to the Avonia, there are still some mercenaries guarding her, but hopefuly we'll be able to make it."

"Ah, yes, this is Walfibalf and that there is Elendil. We met up with them after we went from the island where you were trying to make a deal with the natives if I'm recalling correctly."

Ezieer

First Post
Ezieer does his best to stand still to avoid tripping on things.

"Hey you three... glad to s... to be here wid ya. The crew is as Azeem says.. they should be fine. We should get the hell out of here, Yalgad is on the loose... after grabbing some loot. Might cover the costs of payin da Duke's agent some money to leave this port in one peice.. and thats after we retake the Avonia from da Iron Claw fellas."

Last edited:

morcano

First Post
After giving a quick nod Elendil states: "Nice to finally meet you. Sorry our meeting wasn't under better circumstances, though I'm sure if we all make it out of here we'll have plenty of time for formal introductions."

DMEntropy

First Post
Alistra, the captain and Uli all greet the newcomers Walfibalf and Elendil. Many thanks are given from each of the three for the group's efforts to rescue them from the pirate captain Yalgad. Very unpleasant things were planned for their predictedly short futures it seems. Uli's current situation pales in comparison.

Yalgad also was in a bragging mood it seems with his captives. He has recounted to them his plan to take over the city. He plans for the Avonia to sail away without paying the Duke his fair share. At the same time, the Beauty will be making plans to leave dock. The Duke will certainly send his forces to prevent this and take the Beauty. With his guard weakened, Yalgad will attack from his compound into the Duke's with magical assistance from an arch-mage in town. Backed up by Iron Claw troops in disguise he will take the Duke's manor and kill him, putting his head on a pike for all to see. Yalgad will then be the Duke and rule Cliffport.

Several questions and comments are offered during the exchange:

Uli asks Ezieer, "When did you become blind? Was it just now by that Nagan Sorceror? If so, there may be hope for your vision on the Avonia. I have a scroll on board that could help."

Alistra asks Azeem, "What about these trebuchets? Do they control the harbor? How will we escape their range without losing the ship?"

The Captain asks Walf, "Yer a big 'un ain't ye? Know much about seamanship?"

RJKrik

First Post
Azeem takes a look at Ezieer "Blast, well that's something new Ezieer, hopefuly we can get you to the Avonia quick like before to much fighting goes on then..."

Azeem then responds to Alistra's question as best he can. "They can control the harbor with them from what we've heard they get good distance and do quite a bit of damage to any ship that they are fired on. The Duke controls them now, and if what you say about Yalgad's plan is correct then I would wager that the Duke would be willing to give us free passage out of here for warning of this plan. I don't particularly like making deals with pirates, but I'd rather see the Duke in somekind of charge here than Yalgad, things would probably be worse out on the seas if he had control of this island. Now, the Duke might want some help fending off the attack against him, I don't think I'd like to go that far in helping but if it's his price for letting us off the island without firing off those trebuchets at us."

Aguirre

First Post
Walfilbalf scratches one of his mutton-chop sideburns as he answers the captain's question, "Er, no.... not really. I was travelin' as a guard fer a ship, and we was 'tacked by pirates. Me an' some o' the crew jus' barely 'scaped. Got seven men waitin' wit' yer crew 'at are ready ta 'elp. But I ain' much shakes as a sailor, meself."

"I don' much like tha idea o' helpin' pirates, neither. Way I figger, all these cutthroats is welcome ta slice eachother to a man. If we tell tha duke 'bout this, he may try an' keep us 'ere ta 'elp 'em. This Yalgy feller may be worse, but I don' much wanna get in tha middle."

Ezieer

First Post
DMEntropy said:
Uli asks Ezieer, "When did you become blind? Was it just now by that Nagan Sorceror? If so, there may be hope for your vision on the Avonia. I have a scroll on board that could help."

"Twas just a few moments ago... don't know what happened really. I was fightin with Walfi here 'gianst these two and this snake-thingy and right in the middle of all da fightin.. I felt a buzz in me head and suddenly I couldn't see outa me own eyes."

"They all
(indicates Walfi, Theodus, etc.) was a bit confused that I wasn't doin me job, but I didn't want to tell that fisticuffs guy I couldn't see him."

"I'd be willin to give it a try.. being dis way aint the way I like it."

Aguirre

First Post
Walfilbalf scratches his head, then turns to examine the tracks leading into the darkness, "Blind, eh? Well, that ain' no good, fer sure."

He kneels by the slain Nagan, "May's well do a quick pat-down on these 'uns. Maybe sumthin' important-like."

Last edited:

Remove ads