D&D (2024) All about Ardlings

How animalistic are ardlings?

HammerMan

Legend
I don't know what wotc meant. I know that @HammerMan got me to search 'skunk woman fantasy art' and I think you will find any combo you want now
Don’t blame me blame the 14 year old girl that wants to play an anthropomorphic skunk swordswoman. And she wanted a tail and non damaging non climbing claws (so just slightly different fingernails)
I have no idea if this comes from a comic an anime or her own twisted mind.

Don’t blame me blame the 14 year old girl that wants to play an anthropomorphic skunk swordswoman. And she wanted a tail and non damaging non climbing claws (so just slightly different fingernails)
I have no idea if this comes from a comic an anime or her own twisted mind.
did she choose medium or small and what linage? I don't see skunk under suggestions

beancounter

(I/Me/Mine)
After the Ardling get's integrated into the game for a while, I'd be curious to see how many people (as a percentage of the total) actually choose to use them over the multitude of other species available.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The decision to do Ardlings rather than Aasimar is astounding to me. Tieflings have been core for 2 editions now, but screw you Aasimar... nobody likes you. :mad:
I don't understand why people keep saying "rather than Aasimar" as if Aasimar are cut. They are in MPMotM, which is the book where you find races that are done 1D&D-style already. They were done FIRST - they're not out of the game.

If you're wondering why they're not in the 2024 PHB, well, they could be, they just don't need playtesting because they're already available. (This is true of the dragonborn, too, so I'm not sure why they threw another version in the playtest, but that's it's own problem).

Last edited:

Scribe

Legend
I don't know what wotc meant. I know that @HammerMan got me to search 'skunk woman fantasy art' and I think you will find any combo you want now
Mad Max Reaction GIF

What difference does that make? The suggestions are just that - suggestions. You can make any animal you like.
Cause in the other thread about his playtest he says she is new, like never even heard of D&D before seeing it on stranger things... so she went and did what took me 2 or 3 character creations before I could... made it her own and went without using examples... so I was wondering is all.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases