• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All PC dead, what to do?

Crothian

First Post
She would take coin, gens, and other obvious high quality small items. I imagine she will take what is easy to grab and portiable. Does she have reason to think she has time or does she feel she needs to leave the inn now for fear of discovery?

Cedric

First Post
Here are my thoughts...your players learned a valuable lesson about lowering their guard completely even when staying at an Inn.

If they had chosen a common room for all three, propped a chair in front of the door, tied a trip line across the floor, or scattered minor items on the floor to make sneaking very difficult, etc...they might be alive.

As to what to do now...break out the D6s.

Cedric

Crothian

First Post
Cedric said:
If they had chosen a common room for all three, propped a chair in front of the door, tied a trip line across the floor, or scattered minor items on the floor to make sneaking very difficult, etc...they might be alive.

I'm not sure I'd want the players to ever be that paranoid. :\

Thomas Percy

First Post
Crothian said:
Does she have reason to think she has time or does she feel she needs to leave the inn now for fear of discovery?
I was panicked if I were she.
I know I killed powerful guys with a lot of fancy (magical) items.
They have that terrible magic, they find me! I must run away as fast and as far as possible, probably to the thieves guild, because only they can defend me against all these terrible divinations.
Olaf the Stout said:
Thomas, you still haven't answered the question, what module/adventure is it? Will you tell us if we say pretty. pretty please? :)
Not by accident, because I like this adventure and I have maximum respect for its designer Ari Marmell, so I don't want someone think "I don't buy/run it, because there was topic about TPK at EnWorld".
It is "Doom of Listonshire" 5th level adventure by Necromancer games.

Crothian

First Post
Thomas Percy said:
They have that terrible magic, they find me! I must run away as fast and as far as possible, probably to the thieves guild, because only they can defend me against all these terrible divinations.

What reason does she have to think that they were powerful? Did they carry around their character sheets in their back pocket or something? And she can't detect magic so has no reason to know that they have magical items.

Thomas Percy said:

Not by accident, because I like this adventure and I have maximum respect for its designer Ari Marmell, so I don't want someone think "I don't buy/run it, because there was topic about TPK at EnWorld".
It is "Doom of Listonshire" 5th level adventure by Necromancer games.

Doom of Listonshire. Interesting. I wonder if it looks like a possible TPK when you read the adventure. I'll have to go back and have a look at the PDF. Doom did get a bit of notice (and sales) from a thread a few weeks ago here on EN World. I wonder if Ari will chime in with how he intended the encounter to go.

Olaf the Stout

Qvintus

First Post
I would aske the players about if they want a do over, stop the campain, keep it going with other char's or play the old once... if they are working for a high lvl cleric and they are expertly assinated on the asiment i would'nt seam weird for me if the cleric got atlest on of the raised to question and if they are loyal sevent of the church all of em, and sinse they are in a friendly town it would'nt be unlikly that they would be brought to the church :)
and if you still want more of a concekves of the happening let som of the villigers stealth som of thier stuff and i would be a great time to throw a plot with god said something to me or something is very wrong you gotta go back and do it right ;)
That way if you throw in the plot the players are gonna feel ok we lost a lvl and some stuff but the god wants something from us, so it can be used to make a feeling of purpurs still :)

Qvintus

First Post
I would aske the players about if they want a do over, stop the campain, keep it going with other char's or play the old once... if they are working for a high lvl cleric and they are expertly assinated on the asiment i would'nt seam weird for me if the cleric got atlest on of the raised to question and if they are loyal sevent of the church all of em, and sinse they are in a friendly town it would'nt be unlikly that they would be brought to the church :)
and if you still want more of a concekves of the happening let som of the villigers stealth som of thier stuff and i would be a great time to throw a plot with god said something to me or something is very wrong you gotta go back and do it right ;)
That way if you throw in the plot the players are gonna feel ok we lost a lvl and some stuff but the god wants something from us, so it can be used to make a feeling of purpurs still :)
sry the bad spelling but english is my seconde langues ;)

Thomas Percy

First Post
Crothian said:
Did they carry around their character sheets in their back pocket or something?
:lol: They have mithral chain shirts, amulets with glimmering fireflies, inteligent talking extremly-fancy-crafted scimitars (weapons of legacy, feuding genies forced by ritual to not fight among themselves), signet rings with heraldic seals (all PCS are lord knights and some are inquisitors).
Olaf the Stout said:
Doom did get a bit of notice (and sales) from a thread a few weeks ago here on EN World. I wonder if Ari will chime in with how he intended the encounter to go.
I've discovered and bought it thanks to EnWorld. I like this adventure very much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads