ALL THE BRICKS - OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, I hafta say...if Death Otter finds her work done and still has some time, she may devote a pass or two for fun.

Leaving a databomb behind, maybe...or hunting for some paydata. Or both!

Mosier

First Post
I love how casually destructive Death Otter is! Fits right in with Faust, who's first thought is to launch a grenade into a car packed full of strangers. :)

Edit: I suppose I fit in that category too! When in doubt, set everything on fire!

Shayuri

First Post
lol

To be fair, she didn't just slam the e-brakes on those cars full of commuters! She could have made it a LOT worse for them!

I'm not saying she's a paragon of consideration...she's definitely taking a big risk with them...but it's not quite as bad as throwing grenades and fire demons into those cars. :)

But as far as the Matrix goes, oh yeah. She'll want to leave some scorched earth in there. Because that's half the fun. :)

Rubberneck

First Post
Faust will do whatever is required to get paid. No matter who or whats in the way. If my employer ever lets me go home i will put up a bio. Ive been living in a hotel room for almost 3 weeks now on this training nonsense lol. Let's just say Faust is an interesting guy.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...did Otter need to Matrix Perception the file? I guess it's not a 'device,' so arguably it isn't subject to the rules about running silent and automatic visibility. Since it hasn't got a 'real world' presence to be close to or not.

Do you always need Perception to locate that sort of icon?

Okay, in that case I need a little mechanical advice, to catch my OOC grasp of things to where my character's grasp of things would be. :)

It seems to me like...I really need to get out of here -this turn- if I want to avoid any chance that the IC will finish launching and potentially link-lock me. If I stay in to next turn, the suppression ends, and we all roll our Matrix Initiative, and the Black IC could possibly win...and then it would either attack me or FUTBOL depending on luck and how smart it is. And if it hits me, pow, locked in. In addition to taking various damages.

Now, if I log into AR as a simple action, I'm a breath away from getting out. But I'm not quite out. I believe I can still be link locked when I'm in AR, yes? And my Matrix Initiative is hosed as well, virtually guaranteeing that the IC will go before I can pull the ripcord.

I can always just jack out NOW as a simple action, but since I'm in hotsim, I'd get dumpshocked to the tune of 6P damage that I resist with 10 dice.

I think, if my understanding of the situation is correct, that getting dumpshocked is waaaaaaay better than potentially geting nuked by Black IC. It's not ideal...I didn't realize it'd take an extra complex action to locate the file...but you know, it fits Death Otter. Hanging on until the breath is on the hairs of the back of her neck before she cuts loose.

All just to leave a flaming sack of dog-poo on the host's front door. Because it's not fun if nothing explodes.

Hee! Okay, let me know if I have anything wrong, and I'll post it up. I will spend my other point of Edge on the resist roll for this dumpshock by the way.

Last edited:

Mosier

First Post
Are you even allowed to do AR as a Technomancer? I thought it was hot sim or nothing.

Also, the IC spawns in the host and lives there. Just leaving the host should be enough I think, right?

Edit to add: To exit a host takes a complex action and is totally different from jacking out. It just means you leave the train station network and return to the broader Matrix, where you're not currently being chased by spawning IC :)

Edit #2 - Of course Technomancers can do AR. Sorry, got a couple of concepts mixed up when I typed that first sentence.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Also, the IC spawns in the host and lives there. Just leaving the host should be enough I think, right?

Exiting the host would be fine, yes, assuming her Overwatch Score isn't convergeable, which it shouldn't be. The problem is, as you say, that it's a complex action. I used my 'spare' complex action on a Matrix Perception check to find the surveillance file, so now I only have a Simple action to get the frak out before the IC finishes loading.

Edit to add: To exit a host takes a complex action and is totally different from jacking out. It just means you leave the train station network and return to the broader Matrix, where you're not currently being chased by spawning IC

Yep, it is different. One of the differences is that jacking out is a simple action. :)

If I had a full init pass to work with, as I thought I did, I could simply switch to AR (simple) and jack out harmlessly (also simple). Or, as you suggest, just exit the host. But I don't have a full init pass. I have one simple action.

As I see it, I can either just jack out and soak some dumpshock, or I can take my chances with the IC. That just feels like a -really- bad idea to me, given that there's two programs, and -both- of them can link lock.

Remove ads