D&D 5E All the ways you can improve the help action

brehobit

Explorer
So I'm thinking of building a character around the help action. I'm trying to figure out how to do that as effectively as possible. So I'm trying to find all the options (race/class/feat/etc.) to improve the action. I'm including UA arcana stuff unless it's been replaced by official material.

I'm at:

• Fey hobgoblin (UA): can do as a bonus action a few times a day. Get some small bonuses for helping.
  • Mastermind rogue: Ability to use at range, ability to use as a bonus action.
  • Historian feat (UA): can add prof. bonus in addition to giving advantage (ability checks only)

I'm sure there are others. Can folks help me find them?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Fey Hobgoblin has been published in the new MP:MM as the new Hobgoblin. I don't remember the specifics of the UA, but they can do the Help action as a bonus action a limited number of times, and when using that trait they get an extra boost. I think the UA might have been every time they used the Help action they got the boost.

brehobit

Explorer
MP:MM isn't out yet, right? Is the actual text for the new hobgoblins available?

And does anyone else know of other ideas? I like the familiar thing, didn't consider it.

darjr

I crit!
Tandem Tactician:
* bonus action help, but you have that.
* increase the range by 10 feet and can help two people attacking the same target.

Last edited:

Xetheral

Three-Headed Sirrush
Taking Guidance nicely complements the ability to Help as a bonus action, for out-of-combat actions. And it stacks with Historian.

darjr

I crit!
If you want to go weird consider the Gazer. It gets aggressive which gives it an extra move distance as a bonus action. Fly of 30ft. But you’ll probably lose them a lot.

Remove ads