Altered Carbon RPG Kickstarting Now

Working alongside Skydance Television and the incredible team behind the hit Netflix TV series, the Altered Carbon RPG Kickstarter is here to immerse you in the neon-drenched cyberpunk sandbox that is significantly unique and different from R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk Red RPG. Also, this game uses the "Hazard" system that is modeled around Cortex and Savage Worlds, so should be easy to attract...

Working alongside Skydance Television and the incredible team behind the hit Netflix TV series, the Altered Carbon RPG Kickstarter is here to immerse you in the neon-drenched cyberpunk sandbox that is significantly unique and different from R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk Red RPG.

Also, this game uses the "Hazard" system that is modeled around Cortex and Savage Worlds, so should be easy to attract new Players to try this.

And you can get the quickstart available free too. Altered Carbon: The Role Playing Game

cover_altered_carbon_rpg_quickstart.jpg

Has anyone perchance played this Hazard system and also Eclipse Phase? Because Eclipse Phase is the RPG that pointed me to read Altered Carbon in the first place. How do they compare?

I have got the corebook of Eclipse Phase (Spanish language) and this has got more different things to create new stories, different menaces and like this.

imagineGod

Legend
There is a quickstart available free on the Kickstarter, but it seems to have inherited some Savage Worlds rules. See character sheet below (and click on it for the quickstart too).

altered_carbon_rpg_character_sheet.jpg

dwayne

Adventurer
You could do the same thing with Genefunk, and it is 5th edition compatible

Attachments

• 83112982_628177571342567_7871514373015994368_n.jpg
    83112982_628177571342567_7871514373015994368_n.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 496

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
There is a quickstart available free on the Kickstarter, but it seems to have inherited some Savage Worlds rules. See character sheet below (and click on it for the quickstart too).

View attachment 118034
Yup, I'm reading "some" Savage World Rules, but it appears that they ditched the cards which I'm happy to see. I never really embraced the cards at all. Good change getting rid of them.

Sunsword

Adventurer
Some of my players love this show. Sadly, I haven't seen it yet. I hope one difference from Savage Worlds is that it has hit points. I'm not a fan of wound systems.

Sunsword

Adventurer
Since the better your skill equates to a smaller die and lower roll, I think the game has more in common with the Window RPG than SW or Cortex.

PRAdams

Villager
I've been looking forward to this, but... Wow. Quick Start or not, this feels like a train wreck.

There are sections I've had to read multiple times to get the intent. Rules should be written with clarity as the top priority. Brevity and simplicity are also good targets. This Quick Start doesn't seem to aim for any of those.

I hope they clean this up and fast.

Remove ads

Remove ads