• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Alternative Initiative: try this

Nebulous

Legend
Dude, I'm telling you this is super easy to solve. I have done it a ton of times.

Just print them out on regular paper, and then either:

Method 1)
Buy some Magic (or)
Buy some [url=http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Green-Protector-Sleeves/dp/B00CKXUHB2/ref=sr_1_19?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1433817346&sr=1-19&keywords=card+sleeves&refinements=p_36%3A-400] sleeve
(or) protectors

If you ask the ebay folk for 'some extra commons' I am sure they won't care.

Method 2)
Go to your FLGS and ask any magic player for any 25 commons and card sleeves. They may just give you the cards for free, the sleeves are pretty cheap too.

Method 3)
PM me your address. I will send you 25 commons and sleeves to use. (How many do you need?)

You put the magic card in the sleeve to give it strength and stiffness, then just slide the paper you printed over the magic card. It really does work great.

I'll PM you. I think your idea is good, so yes I will do it like that.

Coredump

Explorer
Made my own cards!
Check the picture attached!
The process, for those interested, is quite easy:

1. Color laser print 8-9 of them to linen paper 80 GSM.
2. Spray glue this paper to a thicker 180 GSM paper (I use black paper and 3M Super 77 glue).
3. Hang this somewhere and spray a layer of transparent glossy paper varnish, front and back.
4. Cut the individual cards using a card cutter (expensive) or exactoknife + ruler (cheaper).
5. The end result looks a lot like official game cards (just a bit thicker), and very durable!

Going to try this on Wednesday.
Using Fabio's rules: each PC gets a card, each monster group gets a card, reshuffle every round. Fast and simple.
OKay.... those look amazing!

Could you give more details about how you did the art for the cards? Was that a template you found? PS? etc....

How did you get such nice rounded corners?

camilaacolide

First Post
Sure!
The template I created myself. I'll post it here.
It is for Adobe Illustrator CS6. All the art I found on Google or got from my players.

1. Open Card.ai in Adobe Illustrator.
2. Select the IMAGE layer and drag any image onto it. Resize and adjust the image as needed.
3. Select the NAMETAG layer and the TYPE TOOL, and change the text to anything you like.
4. Save it.

5. Open Sheet.ai in Adobe Illustrator.
6. Select the CARDS layer and drag the saved card into any slot. There are 8 slots per sheet.
7. Save it as PDF with High Quality Print preset.
8. Print away!

Fonts used are Bahaus 93 and Calibri.
To cut the corners, I used a 5mm corner cutter just like this one.

EDIT: Photoshop template 2 posts below.

Attachments

• Template.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
Made my own cards!
Check the picture attached!
The process, for those interested, is quite easy:

1. Color laser print 8-9 of them to linen paper 80 GSM.
2. Spray glue this paper to a thicker 180 GSM paper (I use black paper and 3M Super 77 glue).
3. Hang this somewhere and spray a layer of transparent glossy paper varnish, front and back.
4. Cut the individual cards using a card cutter (expensive) or exactoknife + ruler (cheaper).
5. The end result looks a lot like official game cards (just a bit thicker), and very durable!

Going to try this on Wednesday.
Using Fabio's rules: each PC gets a card, each monster group gets a card, reshuffle every round. Fast and simple.

wow, those certainly look better than mine! But i don't have illustrator so i can't use the template. For my purposes tonight, the quick and dirty ones I threw together should suffice. I taped them to thick red cardstock.

QopWEWu.jpg

camilaacolide

First Post
Converted the template to Adobe Photoshop CS6 for those who prefer it.
Same process:

1. Open Card.psd file in Adobe Photoshop.
2. Drag any image onto it and move the image to the bottom layer. Resize and adjust as needed.
3. Change the text to anything you like.
4. Print away!

Fonts used are Bahaus 93 and Calibri.

Attachments

• Template-Photoshop.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 118

camilaacolide

First Post
wow, those certainly look better than mine! But i don't have illustrator so i can't use the template. For my purposes tonight, the quick and dirty ones I threw together should suffice. I taped them to thick red cardstock.

Please, post your experience using the cards here later!
I really want to know how the game went!
=)

Remove ads