log in or register to remove this ad

 

Amazing Tales from Centropolis

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The Princess watches two of the bug men drop from Kitsune's laser beams. She launches her own light beam at the remaining alien. "Radiant Blazing Laser Beam" she says as the beam strikes the remaining alien.

OOC: Attack Roll [roll0] vs Dodge DC 16, -2 penalty for blindness
Toughness DC 23
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


The Shadow
Centropolis/Monolith
Saturday, February 11, 2017/12:08 PM
Round 3

Shadow growled as electricity shot through him when he punched the villain.

Shadow shook off the shock in time to see the villain extend his hands, arching with lightning. He managed to dodge it partially. He shook it off and spun back around to face the villain.

“Guess I’ll have to get creative, then,” Shadow told the villain in the darkness. “And just what name should I put on the note I leave with your body for the police?” he asked, picking up a chair and slamming it down at the villain.

After striking the villain, Shadow slipped into shadowform, the chair clattering to the floor in the darkness.

OOC: Not sure what penalties there would be on using a chair.


[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Toughness: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28
Dodge: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
Hero Point that.
Dodge: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
Toughness: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20
Action: Chair attack: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27
DC 24 Damage
Move: Shadowform
Reaction:
Conditions:
Regeneration: 5/5r
Hero Points: 0
[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Felix created a transparent box to try and capture the flying armorer but the alien was too fast and easily avoided it forming around him! "HA, was that suppose to impress me feline-pet-thing? You will need to do far better..." Felix then ran into the building and up into the room where he sees Princess Starlight when suddenly Silver Streak appears back in the room to say "Three villains heading this way"*

As he did this Kitsune's lasers and the Princess had blasted the last three of the bug men into unconsciousness!! The heroes then all heard something large smashing through some interior wall on this floor and it is getting louder!!!

The alien armorer appears some feet back and shots a laser from his gauntlet at Felix but it missed! He cursed in some unknown language.

Upstairs on the security floor, the Shadow was to shrug off the first damage and dodge most of the cone-blast of electrical bolts of energy. Grabbing a chair he smashed it into the villain as hard as he could causing the man to grunt in pain. "You can't beat me!!" the man yells at the Shadow as he again unleashes an electrical storm at the heroes...

GM: [sblock=Rolls & Actions]Round 1 (as this is the round all the villains have showed up)
Felix uses a Ranged Create to capture Herculan, hits. Herculan's Dodge save Dodge check: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27, hmm I guess he made that save.
Electrocutioner's Toughness save: 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15, two degrees of failure, so he is -2 to Toughness saves and Dazed this round (can only take one Standard or Move action along with Free action).
He choices to take the standard action to do another Area attack vs. the Shadow. The Shadow needs to make a Dodge (18) and Toughness save vs. 19 if you made it or 23 if you failed.
NOTE also that I don't think a chair will stop him from doing his electrical shield damage as it is listed as 'Close' damage just like the chair is. Its just that this round he can't take any extra actions so he can use Reactions either...
Herculan has a flight of 8 so he can fly like a mile a round so easily catches up with Felix and blasts at him with his laser gauntlet Range, Damage +9: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11, missed!!!![/sblock]

Heroes Turn. The 3 Villain on the floor will also come into view. What do Silver Streak, Princess Starlight and Kitsune doing?

New Positions
the Shadow and Electrocutioner are on the 145th floor.
The rest of the heroes and villains are on the 140th floor.
Felix, Princess Starlight, Kitsune, and Silver Streak are more or less all spread out in the large room where the bugmen were setting up their 'device'
Herculan is 60ft back shooting at Felix
Mammoth, Esper and Snakeroot are between 60 and 120 feet away from the heroes but also not in Line of Sight with them as their is still one office wall between them.
 

"Three villains heading this way," Silver Streak said as he rejoined Princess Starlight and Felix, "Mammoth, Esper, and one other that I don't recognize."
Seeing yet another villain, he lets loose a blast of electricity.
OOC: Attacking Herculan
[roll0]
Damage Electrical, DC 24

Conditions: none
HP: 2
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The Princess takes one look at Herculan and decides the armor probably will only be affected by her lightbeam punch. Rather than fly out to him, she circles to southern side of the building, where there is sunlight to mask her glow, hopefully, and tries to find a way to flank the incoming villains. Not knowing what they can do, she says into the comms, "It's probably not a good idea to clump up."
OOC: stealth isn't her forte' but... [roll0]
If she can get to the flank she will surprise attack the villain who is pulling up the rear, last into the office with the heroes. So she's waiting for the villains to arrive and letting two of them go past her (assuming she isn't noticed) before attacking the third one.

OTOH, If the layout doesn't allow her to circle around at all, she will fly out and attack Herculan.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


The Shadow
Centropolis/Monolith
Saturday, February 11, 2017/12:08 PM
Round 4

“Looks like I’m beating you pretty well,” Shadow growled as the next electrical attack passed through his shadow form.

OOC: Will edit if that’s not the case. See below.


Shifting back to flesh and bone, Shadow slammed a kick at the electrical man’s midsection. Then he shifted back into shadowform.

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:Dodge and Toughness saves: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17
1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14

So that looks like he failed both, and 2 degrees on the toughness (-2?), but I’m not sure he needs to make the save due to being insubstantial.
Action: Unarmed Attack: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22
-2 on that if Shadow did take damage from the electrical attack.
DC 24 Damage
Move: Shadowform
Reaction:
Conditions: -2 Toughness possibly?
Regeneration: 5/5r
Hero Points: 0
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
"Focus on Esper!" Kitsune suggested, and immediately fired off a laser beam from a spot she could get a good clear shot from. The psychic villain wouldn't be deceived into thinking an invisible hero was standing there, but some of her friends might!

(Fricking laser beams at Esper! [roll0] to hit for DC23, with multifire!)
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The Princess starts to look for a way to get behind the incoming trio but can't find one. The only villain in view seems a bit wrong for her power set. As she vacilates between these two ideas, Kitsune points out that there's villain named Esper coming. That focuses The Princess on a target. She heads toward the incoming trio and guesses that the least bulked up one is Esper. She fires her own laser attack at Esper. "Radiant Blazing Laser Beam" she says as the beam flies at Esper.
OOC: Attack roll [roll0] vs Dodge DC 18
8 ranks of effect DC 23 toughness save
 
Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
The Shadow reformed and smashed the electrical villain again and again inflicted a hardy blow that cause the man to grunt in pain. But this time the electrical field of the villain also shocked the Shadow! Downstairs Silver Streak shot a bolt at the armored figure by the window and was reward by the main taking a step back in pain. The others waiting for the other villains to arrive and they did not have to wait long as the wall was blow apart and not three but figures appeared out of the smoke. The huge man called Mammoth stood before two blond haired women that looked exactly alike and where Esper. Back a bit, still moving this way was the strange looking fellow who appeared to be made of moving plants!!!

Felix raced forward and landed a solid blow against Mammoth but he might as well have hit a wall as his fist bounced off the villain’s stomach! Kitsune blast one of the Esper women but the lasers simply were deflected off the villainess’s force field! Princesss Starlight shot the other one and was reward by her cry of pain “You will pay for that B!@ch!!” she growled.

Upstairs the Electrocutioner growled in frustration blasting all around him (and catching the Shadow within his electrical storm) shouting “Were are you! Come out and face me coward!!!.” Downstairs, the alien villain Herculan caught Silver Streak with a power blast from his gauntlets shouting to the other villains “Take them out fast! We don’t have time to play with these fools!” The two Espers looked at Princess Starlight and she felt agonizing pain in her mind! Mammoth swung one of his mighty fists to catch Felix in a backhanded punch and then the plant-like man shouted “Your fertilizer dude and I am the Snakeroot that needs to feed!!!” as he moved forward and suddenly his arms grew at a fantastic rate and slammed into Silver Streak!!! They wrapped around the speedster almost instantly!

GM: [sblock=Rolls & Results]Round 3
Silver Streak blasts Herculan, hitting him; Toughness save: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20, fails by one degree. He has -1 Injury now.
The Shadow re-form and smacked the Electrocutioner again; Toughness save: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17, failed by 2 degrees again. He now has Injury -3 and is Dazed again this round. BUT he had recovered from his Dazed last round so the Shadow needs to make a Toughness save vs. DC 18 from his Electrical Aura.
Then Felix run at Mammoth; Close attack, Damage +9: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18, hit; Mammoth Toughness save: 1D20+11 = [19]+11 = 30, makes it.
Kitsune 50%/50% : 1D2 = [1] = 1, Esper #1 with 1 degree of success; Toughness save: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28, oh yea, made that.
Princess Starlight 50%/50% : 1D2 = [2] = 2; Esper #2 Toughness save: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17, failed by 2 degrees. Esper #2 is Injured -1 and Dazed this round.

Bad Guys
Electrocutioner makes his area attack again vs. the Shadow, who needs a Dodge save vs. DC 18. If he makes it he needs a Toughness save vs. DC 19, if he fails he needs a Toughness save vs. DC23
Herculan blasts at Silver Streak Ranged, Damage +9: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24, hit he needs a Toughness save vs. DC 24
Esper #1 and 2 (??) attack Princess Starlight with a Perception Ranged Damage +9 attack. She needs a toughness save vs. DC 24
Mammoth punches Felix Close, Damage +11: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16, hits and he needs a Toughness save DC 26
Snakeroot moves 60ft closer and then uses his Elongation ability to try and punch/grab Silver Streak; Close, Damage +10: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24, he hits and Silver Streak needs to make a Toughness save vs. DC 25. He also uses Fast Grab to grab Silver Streak, using his initiate attack roll to grab a hold of Silver Streak. His Extra Limbs power grants him the to act as if with Teamwork and this gives him +2 bonus for the total that Silver Streak needs to escape (so a 26). He hit with one degree of success so Silver Streak is restrained (immobile/Move 0 and vulnerable/Dodge & Parry ½). Silver Streak can make a Routine check with Acrobatics or Athletics (his choice) to escape on his turn vs. a DC 26. IF you were not Dazed by Herculan’s attack you can also use your Reaction to do your Aura Damage against Snakeroot.[/sblock]Heroes Actions and Saves?!?!?

Positions
the Shadow and Electrocutioner are on the 145th floor.
The rest of the heroes and villains are on the 140th floor.
Princess Starlight, Kitsune, and Silver Streak are somewhat close to each other in the main room
Felix and Mammoth are in Melee with each other 40ft away
Herculan is just within the building 60ft back
Esper (the both of them) are 50ft away
Snakeroot is 60ft away and grappling Silver Streak.
 

[roll0]
[roll1]

[sblock="Conditions"]Restrained: 0 move, 1/2 Dodge (+6), Parry (+6), Defensive Roll (+2),
Injured: -1 toughness (total 3)[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: You do have Hero Points, just in case you want to spend them...Otherwise also you will have Injury -2 (penalty to future toughness saves)
 

OOC: Spending 1 HP to reroll that first Toughness save
[roll0]

That's better. Editing previous post

Do I need to roll for the Damage Aura, or is it an automatic 3 electrical Damage to Snakeroot (DC 18)
 
Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: If you are Daze (or Staggered) you can only take Free actions and a Standard or Move actions. Your Damage Aura is a Reaction so you couldn't use it. BUT now that you made that first save you are no longer Dazed so he will have to make a Toughness save vs. DC 18
 



GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: spending a hero point: Toughness vs DC24 [roll0]
not great, but certainly better, regen will handle any damage quickly.

GM: Not to be a mean GM but you do have Sunlight limitation on your Regen which is cuts the price in half. I kind of think you need to be somewhere where sunlight can get to you (even if its cloudy, etc.) to use the power. Not just 'daytime'. You are indoors right now
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


The Shadow
Centropolis/Monolith
Saturday, February 11, 2017/12:08 PM
Round 5

Shadow evaded the electrical attack again, dropping back onto his hands. He brought his rubber soled boots up to drive them into the electric villain’s gut before rolling away and shifting back into the shadows.

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:Dodge and Toughness saves: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29

Action:
Unarmed Attack: 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15
DC 24 Toughness
Move: Shadowform
Reaction:
Conditions:
Regeneration: 5/5r
Hero Points: 0
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Not to be a mean GM but you do have Sunlight limitation on your Regen which is cuts the price in half. I kind of think you need to be somewhere where sunlight can get to you (even if its cloudy, etc.) to use the power. Not just 'daytime'. You are indoors right now

OOC: I asked MANY times where the windows are. I assumed The Princess was sticking to the lit area of the building. And if it is that strict, the limitation should be worth more. In a building made of glass, I would assume there was sunlight just about everywhere but the elevators.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Oh I see, I might have missed that... yes if you had maneuvered Princess closer to the windows I am fine with you being in Sunlight. Sorry I just wanted to be sure
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Ugh," The Princess grunts though it sounds more like a school girl crying out "Oo". She seems to aim at Esper #2 again as she unleashes another light beam but she uses the ricochet effect to bounce it off a wall behind Esper #2 and have it come back and strike Esper #1 from behind.
OOC: Attack roll vs Dodge [roll0] DC 18 (up to GK whether the subterfuge affects the result.)
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top