log in or register to remove this ad

 

Amazing Tales from Centropolis


log in or register to remove this ad

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: A day did not pass between Doc Apoc's address and The Princess' arrival in the lobby. Only an hour passed. And make a DC 16 Will save if you get within 30 feet of The Princess. (A one-time annoyance, truly) The next day is the event at noon.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: OK just for my to keep track in my head, the Princess is making her arrival at Centurion Tower about 1 hour AFTER Doctor Apocalypse gave his ultimative, correct? Then yes everyone needs to make a Will DC 16 check
 


GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Yes but its one time then you never need roll again so I allowed it. So Kitsune need not make a Will save again no matter how many times she runs into Princess again
 

pathfinderq1

First Post
*Today:

The rest of yesterday hadn't gotten any better- it was a dizzying blur of activity, from one end of the Pine Oak campus to the other, but Bella remembered every bit of it. Someday she would have to write it down or something- but she was just too tired at the end of the day. It was, without doubt, the most she had ever used her powers in a single day, and she had put Mercurio's Glove through tests that neither one of them had even considered.

It was after midnight by the time she got back into her dorm. Her roommate was a local girl, and she had fled home to her parents' house for the duration of the disaster- that was good. But the power in the dorm was out, and that was bad. Some of the dining hall workers were basically marooned, and they had set out a crude buffet of cold foods downstairs. Bella grabbed the makings of a sandwich and a few drinks and lurched upstairs- with the shelter of a fire door, she didn't have to trudge up the steps, at least. She slept poorly- her dreams kept trying to edit in things that hadn't happened during the chaotic events of the day. But finally, fatigue won out, and she slept. At least she didn't need much...

The power came on sometime during the night, and Bella put her phone back on the charger when she woke up- she had finally given up and silenced the near-constant emergency notices. Morning was almost unnoticeable- the sky was so dark you could barely tell it was daytime, but Bella finally dragged herself out of bed. A hot shower helped, but it was probably going to be even busier today, even crazier... Coming out of the shower she could have sworn there was someone there watching her, a costumed weirdo she didn't even recognize- but she managed to control herslf before she teleported back to her own room.

Downstairs in the dining hall, things were fairly quiet- most of the other students were still sleeping. But there was hot food this morning, and Bella loaded up a plate (Heavy on the bacon, and the blueberry Eggos). Instead of a table, she grabbed a seat on one of the couches in front of the big-screen TVs at the far end of the room. Deep down inside, she was kind of curious to see if she had made the news with her activities yesterday. It was kind of depressing at first, the constant litany of misfortune, all around the city- and in fact, all through the Midwest, it seemed. The weather was the big lead, of course, and the News had trotted out some experts- even one of the meteorology professors from here at Pine Oaks. There were so many minor disasters and problems that they didn't even have time to cover them individually- the reporters and the anchors were forced into lists and summations, and Bella shook her head; every tiny detail was someone's life...

They had cut to a commercial right about the time Bella finished her first plate of food. She looked over at the buffet, but there was a line- she could wait for a bit, but she had the feeling she was going to need every calorie today. For one brief moment she closed her eyes and leaned back on the the cushions of the couch. 'I could be home in two minutes', she thought- but this time the thought had very little allure.

No she wasn't going to run home and hide. She was going to stay here, and she was going to make a difference. She was going to help people.

The shrill blare of the television practically ripped her eyes open. BREAKING NEWS!!!

*TO BE CONTINUED (AGAIN- sorry, but it is getting late here)
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ivana Baquero Kim 4 small.jpg
Kimberly Black
Human, Inc.
Friday, February 10, 2017/9:02 AM
Round 0

“Yeah, you like the Zombies, too?” Kim asked, pulling her t-shirt so Princess Starlight could see it better, which tightened the material against her curves. “Amy Hale is great. I love her. I’m Kim,” she introduced herself.

[sblock=OOC]Well, since I don’t have stats for Kim, I’ll roll her from the chart.
Will save: 1D20 = [12] = 12
Yup. You got her! :D
[/sblock]

Kim couldn’t help it. She stood staring at Princess Starlight, a dreamy look on her face. She even missed the appearance of the white fox.
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: Yes, it's around 9am.

The Princess was surprise the pretty girl was pulling her shirt down to show her cleavage at her. Then she just kind of was staring at her. Why did this happen? She stepped forward and pretended to bump into her while trying to see the shirt better. "Oh, yeah, they're great. Hi, Kim. I'm..." she stepped back a step, hands on hips and then saluted as she said, "Princess Starlight". An odd expression crossed her face as she awkwardly lowered her arm down from her forehead. "Do you live here?"
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ivana Baquero Kim 4 small.jpg
Kimberly Black
Human, Inc.
Friday, February 10, 2017/9:03 AM
Round 0

[sblock=OOC]Assuming the bump breaks the entranced.[/sblock]

Kim blinked as the Princess bumped into her while looking at the shirt. She shook her head, clearing it a bit, and smiled at the other girl.

“What’s with the salute?” she asked with a laugh. “And yeah, I live upstairs,” she said. “I’m a barista at Zapp’s after school, too,” she said, nodding to the lobby entrance to the popular coffee shop, which seemed to be closed because of the storm. “Are you new in town? Don’t think I’ve seen you on the news or anything.”
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
[sblock="OOC"]Anyone using an interaction skill on the target ends the effect. Without that, each round the target gets another DC 16 Will Save.[/sblock]

The Princess laughs off her embarrassment mumbling the words, "old habit." She looks in the direction of Zapp's as it is pointed out. In a cheerful voice she continues, "I am new in town. I've been working independently for a few weeks now. Yeah, I don't seem to run into news folks. But someone snapped a pic of me and is selling a poster of it on superfly (a superhero merch website)."
 

Shayuri

First Post
"Hey!" the tiny, adorable little fox shouted, waving its stubby paws around as it leaped between the two. "Princess Starlight! Aren't you glad to see me?!"
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Princess Starlight has the cutest face, eyes perhaps twice as wide as a normal human, as she sees the little fox. "I certainly am," she sing-songs before her demeanor changes, becoming more subdued. To Kim, "Er, do you know this talking fox?"

To the fox, "Um, who are you?"
 

Shayuri

First Post
"Why, I'm the magical Starfox!" singsongs the critter as it pirouettes in midair and gives off a pulse of brightly colored sparkles.

"Your magical guide and companion!"
 

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Shouldn't that be spirit guide (or at least a magical spirit guide) :D

EDIT - I assume this is an Illusion so Princess gets a Insight check to realize it is one?
 


Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I believe the DC is the rank +10, so that'd be 17. An 18 beats it, so she realizes that 'Starfox' appears to simply be a kind of image...lacking substance. Whether that means Starfox is not 'real' or not depends on Princess! After all, what IS real? How do you DEFINE it? /Morpheus :))
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The Princess puts her hands on her hips and looks down at the fox. Her face has a disappointed demeanor. She points at the fox with her right hand, raising it up and down in scolding manner as she simultaneously taps her foot. Her voice fails to be as stern as it should be, "Where have you been Starfox? I've looked everywhere for you."
 
Last edited:

After many hours of pondering, Bobby decided that working with the other heroes was probably the best idea. So at 9:15, the front doors to the Tower blew open, and Silver Streak appeared in the center of the lobby, and started walking toward the desk. "Am I late? Is this where the he-" he stopped short as he entered the Princess' ambiance.
 

pathfinderq1

First Post
*TODAY (Continued):

Bella managed to look back over at the TV- the shrill blast of the BREAKING NEWS! alert had almost become routine. She forced herself to pay attention though- it might be something she could help with...

But this report was different. She leaned forward expectantly as the news anchor read out the lead- and as the video message began, Bella noticed that she was reflexively clenching her left hand, as if she was wearing her Portal Glove. This was bad. Halfway through the message, Bella heard a sharp intake of breath, and the sound of breaking plates- someone had dropped their tray and run from the room. The message was sobering certainly-if this mysterious figure had caused the storm, he had to have immense power. How could anyone, even the city's most famous metahumans, the Centurions, stand up to something like that?

They would have to try, though, because Bella knew they wouldn't be getting a lot of help from around the country. With a threat like this, an assured statement of destroying other major cities, all of the other metahumans would be protecting their own homes, in case the threat was no mere boast. The heroes of Centropolis were on their own.

Bella leaned back into the couch as the newswoman returned to her summary, and the beginning of an endless cascade of useless "analysis". She thought about the Centurions, what she had heard of them since she moved here, what she had seen on the news over the last few days. Names, images, tidbits of power profiles salted with rumor and gossip- she had been interested in metas for a while, and her memory was very good- but she hadn't really studied them as well as she should have.

One thing was for sure. Whoever they were, they were going to need all the help they could get. This was not the kind of threat that she could watch from the sidelines. 'Oh, Mercurio... I hope you are watching this on wizard TV or whatever,' she thought, with a twisted grin.

She bounced up off the couch, and headed up to her room.

A few minutes later, she was clad in the form-fitting grey suit, her Sealskin, and the Portal Glove was snugly in place on her left wrist. She had managed to call her mother- who was of course, still asleep on California time; she had told her not to worry, and said she would call back. She would probably be able to keep that promise- after all the 'deadline' wasn't until tomorrow. She took one more look around the comfortably cluttered dorm room, ending up facing out the window- just as the sun broke through the breaking clouds.

*
Seconds later, Warp was in the well-landscaped greenery of Atlas Dedication park. She had come here a few times since she had moved to Centropolis, mostly when she was thinking about her powers, and what responsibility she had because of the gifts. It looked different now- it was deserted, for one thing, and the picturesque surroundings were a muddy, branch-littered mess. Some groundskeeper was going to have a LOT of work to do out here...

Warp paused for a moment, taking her bearings, then flickered through space to stand beside the smaller statue of Atlas in one of the groves. It was a small scale replica of the famous piece atop Monolith Tower, complete with a plaque that told the story of Atlas and his sacrifice to save the city. Warp reached out and laid her right hand on the statue, reading the plaque again even though she had it memorized. THIS was what it meant to have powers.

Behind her she heard an intake of breath and the squelch of footsteps in the muddy grass. Without turning, she knew who was there- she was not the only person to make this pilgrimage. Many others would come to look at the statue today, to think about what was to come. She turned anyway, looking at the first two pilgrims- a well-dressed woman and a plainly dressed young man. They were looking at her more than they were looking at the statue, and that wouldn't do...

In the blink of an eye, she was gone...

Warp had heard that part of the Tower was shielded against teleportation, but she knew that the lobby wasn't- at least most of the time. Still, it wouldn't really do to pop into Centurions Tower a mere hour or so after such a startling ultimatum- they might be just a bit on edge, after all.

She popped in on the sidewalk outside- normally that would have been a risk, due to the typical amount of foot traffic through the area on a work day. There weren't many people on the streets today, though, and most of them were giving the tower a wide berth, just in case "something were to happen- you know, reasonable caution"... Warp stood still for a moment, looking in through the glass- reception desk, receptionist, guards, young woman, anime schoolgirl, glittering lightning guy... Yes, this was the right place, it seemed.

Another blink, and she was inside the lobby, but not close to any of the others. She knew her sudden appearance might provoke the guards, and she didn't want anyone to get hurt- so she placed herself far enough away that she wouldn't get someone blasted. She wasn't really worried about herself.

And she didn't need to have worried at all, it seemed- both of the guards, and most of the other people in the lobby, were focusing on the schoolgirl. Something was definitely wrong- not terribly so, but more than normal social discomfort. Warp stood balanced and ready to move, her hands open and extended to her sides, the glittering black metal glove on her left hand motionless- no overt threat besides her sudden appearance...


[sblock= OOC]
>So in the lobby, but away from the others- Though possibly close to where Kitsune is hidden?
>Perception check 1d20+8= 24 I think this is good enough to get a hit from Danger Sense about la princessa...
>Will roll 1d20+10= 23 She should be out of range (I think the lobby is big enough- I know mine would be), but just in case...
>Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=151500
[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
The receptionist looks over at the pair of guards and yells "Hey snap out of it you two!! Its just a girl..." but the continue to seem confused and staring at Princess. She suddenly looks down at her desk and says into the teams intercom "Mr. Shadow... it appears we have had an authorized teleporter enter the lobby area just now"

GM: Her Persuasion check 1d20+3 =7, nope. There Will saves 1d20+2 =7; 1d20+2 =5. Also secret roll 1d20+9=19
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top