Amazon: A deeply discounted PHB heads towards the top 10 and overall rankings still really high

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
They've done this a couple times, and each time it only lasts 12-24 hours and then the price pops back up. I am not sure if it's Amazon's decision or WOTCs but they've been playing with the price here and there. It also popped up to $40 at one point.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
They've done this a couple times, and each time it only lasts 12-24 hours and then the price pops back up. I am not sure if it's Amazon's decision or WOTCs but they've been playing with the price here and there. It also popped up to $40 at one point.

Then I'm glad I went and ordered a copy after seeing this thread.

Always helpful to have another copy around. Now that my sons are playing they can use the new one and I don't have to get OCD about them messing up my tabs.

delericho

Legend
I've never had a need for two PHBs, but when I see them at $20... :uhoh:

I've found that having at least two at the table is very helpful, since it allows the players and the DM to look things up in parallel.

However, there's no need for the DM to provide both, of course. :)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 8.29.19 AM.png

Can it reach number 1?

Still $20.98

kagayaku

First Post
Buy one and donate it to a local library. Or a even school’s library.

I may buy a few copies at that price as something to donate to the 2018 Toys For Tots campaign later this year. Farming a new generation of players is an even greater feeling on top of donating to a charity that helps kids. Who knows, it might even help the diversity of the hobby since my impression is that most of the recipients are lower income minority children.

I love this! Such a great and generous idea. I'm in the UK and as SuperTD pointed out the price has actually gone up here, but I think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for such deals here and do the same thing. I wish I'd have discovered the game as a child instead of in my 20s! :lol:

I've found that having at least two at the table is very helpful, since it allows the players and the DM to look things up in parallel.

However, there's no need for the DM to provide both, of course. :)

Well, I remember the old days, from the late 70s to the early 00s, when nearly every player bought their own PHB so that they could update their characters at home when leveled up at the end of a session. When did it become the thing to rely on the DM to provide all the physical books for a player? Was it the explosion of the internet and PDF everything, both legal and not, that did it?

Mr Fixit

Explorer
Meanwhile it seems the UK price has been put up to £42 (the DMG and MM are still £25).

Yes, sadly. I should really buy a new Player's Handbook. Unfortunately, the book I got back in 2014/15 was one of those early-print-run PHs that came apart very soon because of atrocious binding. What I have today can't really be called a book anymore.

Remove ads