• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon considers raising Prime subscription fee by up to $40

Just got the price increase announcement from Amazon -- it officially goes up to $99 for Prime. Their justification was the increase in shipping costs over the seven years Prime has remained at a fixed price.

I can live with that (especially since I don't get hit with the price hike until next year).

Ahnehnois

First Post
I order plenty of stuff from Amazon, but I don't mind spending in $35 or more increments or waiting a few days for stuff to get to me. Not big on paying subscription fees for anything.

Herschel

Adventurer
It's worth it for us. The two-day shipping is great. Basically all my Christmas shopping is through Amazon or Mom & Pop shops, for example, and the streaming service has a lot of choices for free.

It's basically NetFlix streaming with free shipping upgrade attached. Some of the newest stuff you can pay stream ala iTunes, rentals, etc.

Crothian

First Post
I got a notification today that says the price will stay the same for this year and raise by $20 for next year and that price will stay the same for the next nine years. I can deal with that.

Remove ads