Amazon in the UK

SnakeNuts

Explorer
Two questions:

1. Has anyone gotten their KotS from Amazon.co.uk and if so, when? (how long after release date)

2. How are the opinions of the esteemed forum on the chances of Amazon.co.uk actually shipping the books (in my case the collector's slipcase edition) on time this time around?

(Reasons for asking, if you must know: I cancelled my KotS order because I could get it from a 'normal' store before Amazon UK even acknowledged my pre-order had any chance of shipping and the second reason is that I have actually bokked a day off on the 6th to take delivery of the books if they manage to turn up. (I'm also going to the dentist, but that's besides the point ;) ))

latron

First Post
Hi there, just a quick reply to your first point: I got my own copy of KotS from Amazon UK on May 29th (BTW, I live in Spain). So apparently they *do* deliver, though a bit late, hope this mess gets cleared up for the 4e books.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I am also living in hope.

However, I'm going to a gaming store on saturday so I can pick up a copy of the PHB and then give it to a friend for a birthday present. :)

SnakeNuts

Explorer
Tallarn said:
However, I'm going to a gaming store on saturday so I can pick up a copy of the PHB and then give it to a friend for a birthday present. :)

Nice idea. Sadly, all the friends I have I could give a PHB to for birthdays or the like have theirs pre-ordered like me... But maybe my wife wants one... Hmmmm :D

SnakeNuts

Explorer
An update for those of you who are interested in these kind of things: The status of my order has just changed to "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this part of your order cannot be cancelled or changed."

Fingers crossed.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
SnakeNuts said:
An update for those of you who are interested in these kind of things: The status of my order has just changed to "We are preparing these items for dispatch and this part of your order cannot be cancelled or changed."

Fingers crossed.

Amazon.co.uk said:
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We thought you would like to know that the following item has been sent
to:

"My Address"

using City Link.

For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please
visit:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

Your order #XXXXXXXXXX (received 17-April-2008)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered Title Price Dispatched Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 4th Edition Core Rulebook ... £39.59 1 £39.59

Shipped via City Link (estimated arrival date: 05-June-2008).

I am excessively happy about this.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Grrr!

I've checked the status of my order and it says:

Items not yet dispatched:
Delivery estimate: 12 Jun 2008 - 18 Jun 2008

(and I ordered in April, same as you! Grrrr!)

Last edited:

Remove ads