• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon: Last War (Eberron) and Complete Champion

Sammael said:
One flaw in the hypothesis is the presence of Complete Champion on the schedule, but it may be that the book will be a 3.x/4E crossover product.

I don't think I'm giving anything away, or violating NDA, to say that Complete Champion has nothing whatsoever to do with 4E, and that I'm currently working on books due out after Complete Champion that also have nothing to do with 4E. :)

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
All I'm saying is that guessing about what this book might mean for other WotC releases later in the year, and then getting upset about stuff that's only been guessed at, is an overreaction.
Yeah, but this is the interweb so since when has that stopped us :)

For the record I like Drow, cliched as they may be, and I'm sure (fingers crossed) that given this isn't a FR book it will be bring something new* to the gaming table.

* Or at least vaguely new - since Evil, Dark skinned and Dark souled Elves, and living underground are I presume sort of a given.....

Back to Last War-

I hope to see more on use of things like Golems in war and even more on warforged as they were created / introduced. My mind reels at the thoughts of the book. I am hoping to do some work with the war and now I am almost certainly going to.

Say when is The Complete Races of 1/2 Dragon-Drow being released again? Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

I have to admit- I avoid Drow because of the over use of them. I still look at the stuff but rarely buy it.

heirodule

First Post
Sammael said:
Here's my hypothesis: since WotC is going to announce 4E at the newly-renamed D&D eXPerience (a name that makes me want to vomit, but that's another story altogether), formerly Winter Fantasy, 2007

I heard they might change the name, but missed the announcement that its being called "D&D eXPerience". Source?

Pretty irritating name, but it is more descriptive than 'winter fantasy' I wonder if they'll make it cost more...

JoeGKushner

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Wow. Overreact much, Joe? :confused:

I mean, it's a book on drow. No more, no less--and certainly no indication, as some people seem to think, that next year is a "Year of the Drow." Fiendish Codex I didn't make this "The Year of the Demon." Lords of Madness didn't make it "The Year of Strange and Ugly Things."

Lots of people love drow. Lots of people hate 'em, or are tired of them. If you don't like drow--or if you don't like what we did on the book--don't get it. It's not like you're going to hurt our feelings. But this really seems like a silly response, amigo.

Hell, I know people would love a Year of the Fiends! Lots of old stuff out there for the old fiends that still haven't been updated including Ed's old Guide to Hell and many of the denizens that made it their home.

I guess that's why people like me are sick of things that have been done to death. Fiends, giants, fey (especially poor old fey) and a few others haven't had much luck in getting the limelight in big doses. The new 160 page format of the books means we get less information when game stats pop up because every thing in the game has to be explained.

I'm just hoping that there's no lolth, no spiders, (heck, no insects) and it talks about dark elves from points of view like historical and includes some mythological variants like Viking or norse.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'd like any new Drow book to bring back the mystery. Whatever happened to being effected by the strange radiations/magic of the underdark - not just the Drow but anyone that comes into contact with them?

There is room for some real interesting/strange/new things in the underdark - there are plenty of ideas to be mined from the early renditions of Drow - let's hope for real originality and new ideas.

As for the Last War, I hope this gives us a chance to play more in the last war, I think Eberron is too cleaned up and civilized and not in as much disrepair as I'd like. I thought Scarred Lands did this part of the post war much better.

mcrow

Explorer
Yeah, they have a lot of books in the works.

if you check out the link in my sig, I have a list under "pre-order games" in the RPG site bookstore that basically list almost all of the preorder RPGs on Amazon. I try to keep it updated as best I can.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Btw, I agree with Joe's general point. I'd love a year of the planes. You could mine that baby for 4-8 books, minis, adventures....Of course, Eberron doesn't have the same kind of planes....

JoeGKushner

First Post
Zaukrie said:
Btw, I agree with Joe's general point. I'd love a year of the planes. You could mine that baby for 4-8 books, minis, adventures....Of course, Eberron doesn't have the same kind of planes....

And since FR broke away from the Great Wheel, they don't either so a book of the planes might be more difficult than it originally looks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads