Amazon: Last War (Eberron) and Complete Champion

eris404

Explorer
Weird Amazon question and slightly off-topic: I'm noticing some weirdness with WotC books on Amazon.

For example, I preorderd Expedition to Castle Ravenloft through Amazon (and should receive it today, yay!), but I'm not allowed to preorder Cityscape. Also, I can preorder Complete Scoundrel, but Complete Mage they say is unavailable through Amazon (though they have independent sellers listed).

Anyone know what gives?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Eris,

Never order WotC releases through Amazon. You'll never get them on time. Well not normally anyway. I'd trust B&N or someone else that has a direct factory connection instead of "discount warehouse" connection.

Monkey King

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Drow of the Underdark will presumably compliment Expedition to the Demonweb Pits nicely.

Alas, they were written in complete isolation from each other (this is the first I've heard of the DotU project). So, alas, no crossovers.

eris404

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Eris,

Never order WotC releases through Amazon. You'll never get them on time. Well not normally anyway. I'd trust B&N or someone else that has a direct factory connection instead of "discount warehouse" connection.

errr...actually I've never had a real problem with that. I'm tracking the shipping progress of Castle Ravenloft right now actually. :) I just thought it was odd that some books were available for purchase and others weren't, not even for preorder, with no rhyme or reason to it.

mcrow

Explorer
eris404 said:
errr...actually I've never had a real problem with that. I'm tracking the shipping progress of Castle Ravenloft right now actually. :) I just thought it was odd that some books were available for purchase and others weren't, not even for preorder, with no rhyme or reason to it.

I have asked the same questions because of the associates store I have through Amazon and I wanted to know exactly how these things work. Here is what Amazon told me:

#1- They don't do preorders until they have a solid release day from WotC
#2- Sometimes they don't get one until just before the book is shipped to them
#3- Sometimes they just screw up and they don't update the status.

Felon

First Post
eris404 said:

I ordered Ravenloft and Complete Mage last Saturday, the 7th, and received them bright and early on Tuesday the 10th. Standard USPS ground service. Amazon screws up once in a while like everyone does, but they usually do right by me.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
Eris,

Um, I've been ordering WOTC books from Amazon for years and I've never had a problem...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I ordered Complete Mage and Ravenloft with super saver shipping from Amazon and got them on Wednesday, a whole one day after they were on the shelves.

I think it depends on where you are relative to their distribution centers. I'm just outside LA, 80 miles from their Bell, CA distribution point.

Remove ads