• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon listing for the Book of Vile Darkness

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Seriously, a Sharktapus would work great in D&D, and would be more appealing to me than the BoVD.

The Sharktapus basically already exists. It was a squid + shark though. And it was called the "Squark."

d&d%20beasts%20squark%20or%20sharg.jpg

Dice4Hire

First Post
Some part of me is hoping this book provides support for "evil" playable races - things like orcs, gnolls, kobolds, and goblins. The ones already in the builder, rather than adding new stuff. Hopefully they qualify as "evil" enough.
That would be more acceptable to me than many of the alternatives.

Last edited:

buddhafrog

First Post
Did anyone actually want this? Really?

I want this (if the reviews are decent). I would like to get some more ideas/examples of how to run stories and bad guys that are "truly evil." If the module/map is good, then together I could see this being pretty nice.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I have 5 players who all use material from the various power books. Most of them don't own those books...they have the CB.

And thats why your probably not going to see primal power II.

Dayte

Explorer
Did anyone actually want this?

Really, we're giving up books that would add useful options for a wide variety of players like Arcane Power 2, Divine Power 2 and Primal Power 2 for this.

Really?

Methinks if these sold as well as some think, that they would gladly continue churning out more and more of these books.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Did anyone actually want this?

Really, we're giving up books that would add useful options for a wide variety of players like Arcane Power 2, Divine Power 2 and Primal Power 2 for this.

Really?

Maybe, if we are lucky, this book will sell well and they will decide to release its companion, The Book of Exalted Deeds. That could be a lot like a Divine Power 2 but with a catchier title.

Remove ads