• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon not yet shipping Ptolus?

Ambrus

Explorer
I was looking into ordering Ptolus on amazon.com and it says that it isn't yet available even though the same page lists the release date as August. Anyone have a clue what's going on there? :confused:

buzz

Adventurer
I was told by people on the Malhavoc boards that Amazon will never actually carry Ptolus. Something about being fair to FLGS's and small retailers who could never offer the massive discounts Amazon can. They quoted someone from WW (i.e., S&SS) as the source of this.

Ambrus

Explorer
Heh, well that's an odd development; I wonder if it's accurate. I've sent an email to amazon's customer service department and will hopefully get an answer back soon. If it's true then they really should take the book off their site. I ordered it and the page said that it would be delivered in November.

Glyfair

Explorer
Malhavoc has said that they have not solicited the book to Amazon. If a 3rd party sells the book to Amazon, they have no control over that. However, after the gaming retailers were seriously hurt by what Amazon did with the World's Largest Dungeon, they decided not to go that route.

(I'm sure someone will link to the original thread discussing this.)

buzz

Adventurer
I'd suggest asking over on the Malhavoc boards, too. I kind of doubt that Amazon is going to provide a useful answer, if only because the issue is likely on the publisher's end, not theirs.

Good luck!

buzz

Adventurer
Glyfair said:
However, after the gaming retailers were seriously hurt by what Amazon did with the World's Largest Dungeon, they decided not to go that route.
Seriously hurt? What Amazon did?

Ambrus

Explorer
buzz said:
I kind of doubt that Amazon is going to provide a useful answer, if only because the issue is likely on the publisher's end, not theirs.
At the very least they can try explaining why that can't provide a book that's already listed as being released.

Glyfair

Explorer
buzz said:
Seriously hurt? What Amazon did?

Well, seriously might be overstating. However, Amazon sold if for what I understand must have been well under their cost. A lot of retailers ended up holding a lot of stock on a high priced product because people bought it at Amazon at a very low price (under $50, IIRC).

One story is here.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads