• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Orphans unite!

Yeoman99

First Post
Pre-ordered mine in March, and just checked out the e-mail stating shipping date 24/07 - 14/08. Not the end of the world, but would be nice to get it earlier and contribute to the opinions about it. Overall pretty disappointed.

Cirex

First Post
If 18th the books haven't shipped, I will cancel and try to order them individually and see how fast is the shipping.

If I don't like it, I will try buy.com.

Cirex

First Post
I'm sorry for the double post, but I'm seeking some help now. Amazon keeps e-mailing me because they say they got some problems with my VISA. This is what the e-mail says :

We're writing to let you know that we are having difficulty processing your Visa (exp. xxxx/xx). We will try charging your credit card again shortly. It is not necessary to place a new order, but you may want to review the payment information for your order and make sure it is correct and current.

But, the weird thing is that at the bank they tell me that I just got a certain amount of money available because amazon has, in a withhold situation, 45€. Since this is just a visa to buy at Internet, I don't have much more money. So, I don't know if amazon is actually trying to charge me 45€ again, and since there's not enough money available, their charging system gives an error.

It can't be a problem of wrong states, date, codes, whatever since the money is currently withhold and I bought some minis just 5-6 weeks ago.

So, has anyone had this same problem? Last time this happened, I e-mailed them, but I did twice, and the only e-mail I got was about the backorder, not about the VISA issue. I e-mailed them again, but no asnwer yet.

The person at the bank said the money was in withhold till 16th of June.

I ran into something similar a few years back.

I had setup a temporary credit card using MBNA's Shop Safe. I gave it a credit limit just enough to cover what I wanted to buy.

Apparently when the merchant did the initial authorization it lowered the amount of credit available. Then when the merchant tried to actually charge the account it was treated as exceeding the credit limit since the initial transaction was still pending.

I'd suggest giving the card issuer a call and see what the deal is.

Cirex

First Post
I have spent more than 45€ in a single buy, so I don't think is that. I already talked with the people at the bank, and they were not sure what was going on, just that there are 45€ currently withhold.

I just can wait for a reply by amazon that isn't automated. I need them to tell me what is failing or I'm handtied.
I e-mailed them twice already about this matter, no answer.

Last edited:

Darkwolf71

First Post
*sigh...
Well, after calling them this morning and complaining about the issue, my books will now ship one-day free. (A whopping $3.99 off there.) And they gave me a $5.00 credit for my next purchase to cover the renigged pre-order discount. I can't say I'm pleased, but at least they are semi-willing to work with you on this.

The part thing that hacked me off was being assured that:

CSR: Sir, Amazon ships on a first come, first served basis.

Wolf: Sigh. No you do not, or I would have recieved my January pre-order before others have recieved their March/April/etc pre-orders. Right?

CSR: I'm sorry sir, I do not have an explaination for that. I assure you Amazon ships on first come, first served basis.

Wolf: Grrr... Thanks a lot, gotta run now. Before I come through the phone and rip your throat out.

Yes, I know it's not his fault, but listening to him push the company line when it has been blatently proven false is... stressful.

garyh

First Post
I got a $3 credit on my next order from Amazon for my complaints about the yanked pre-order discount. Nonetheless, I cancelled my order from Amazon (that they weren't going to ship until July 7, after I'd ordered it in March), and ordered from buy.com for the same 45% off Amazon had (just had to pay tax). I should have my books from buy.com late next week, probably.

The most frustrating thing is that had I know Amazon was going to botch this, I'd have pre-ordered from buy.com (didn't they ship earlier than street date?) and would have already had my books.

Cirex

First Post
I received a very long e-mail stating that they were unable to determinate why they couldn't charge my credit card. Something about an authorization.
Sadly, buy.com doesn't ship outside the US, so I'm going to cancel my account, try to break from that money they are withholding and order the books individually.
If it doesn't work, I will have to go activate my new Mastercard and pay with it.

Big sigh.

EDIT : The e-mail said that my order would be auto-cancelled in 3 days for security reasons, so I went ahead, cancelled, ordered only the monster manual and the player handbook and I got a shipping estimated of today/tomorrow. Let's see if the payment works.

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
I just got off the phone with Amazon customer service. They gave me $10 credit. I did have to ask for it ("Could you give me a discount or something?") after stating my annoyance.

I recommend being firm, but civil, with the person on the other end of the phone. You don't have to be a jerk to get them to understand that you're angry, and if you're polite they'll do more to help you.

Here's the page where you can either call them or have them call you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cont...html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510&type=&token=#csTop

(click the phone tab)

Woot! Mine arrived today, four days early (gift set, pre-ordered in March). Shipped as scheduled on 10 June but arrived much earlier than the projected 16 Jun.

Off to read the PHB ...

Remove ads