• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Orphans unite!

DemonKing

First Post
Gee - I feel pretty bad for some of you guys as I only ordered from them last month and my boxed set of books arrived here in Australia yesterday at a fraction over half the price it would cost me to buy from my FLGS and that was standard (not expediated) international shipping!

:)

Maybe it helped that my last name begins with an "A"?

mearlus

Explorer
DemonKing said:
Gee - I feel pretty bad for some of you guys as I only ordered from them last month and my boxed set of books arrived here in Australia yesterday at a fraction over half the price it would cost me to buy from my FLGS and that was standard (not expediated) international shipping!

:)

Maybe it helped that my last name begins with an "A"?

Interesting theory as my last name starts w/ a "V"...

Considering shipping methods seem to not make a difference that's the only other thing I can think of.

pukunui

Legend
Here is Amazon's response:

- Free upgrade of shipping from standard to expedited
- $10 promotional certificate on next purchase (I'll be putting it towards H2, H3 and the DM screen).

That makes me feel a lot better about things.

mearlus

Explorer
pukunui said:

- $10 promotional certificate on next purchase (I'll be putting it towards H2, H3 and the DM screen).

Congrats. It disappoints me that they don't credit the same across the board when issues occur. It seems like a gamble depending on who you are in contact with.

That being said, I got my 3 book order delivered today and I am proceeding to cancel the Prime account ;)

malraux

First Post
pukunui said:

Well, my box set finally shipped. No upgrade to faster shipping, and only a $5 credit. Consistency would be nice. And my last name begins with a W, so perhaps that was their ranking method.

pukunui

Legend
malraux said:
Well, my box set finally shipped. No upgrade to faster shipping, and only a $5 credit. Consistency would be nice. And my last name begins with a W, so perhaps that was their ranking method.
Nope. My last name starts with L.

And I agree. Consistency would be good. But maybe they gave me more because mine had been delayed twice ... and because I mentioned that a friend of mine had ordered after me but had received it before me (which ruled out delays because of being overseas). I gave them his order number so they could see their error for themselves. Maybe that's what did it.

Mikeythorn

Explorer
pukunui said:

Hi Pukunui,
I think you might be able to do better than that if you call Amazon directly.

I am in Wellington and was in the same boat as you. I had already emailed Amazon before I got the second "shipping delayed" notice yesterday, so decided to stop sodding about and rang them. After a very polite discussion (which included how crap our cricket team is at the moment) the guy at the other end gave me a profuse apology and - at my suggestion - canceled the order and made a new order for the 3 core books as seperate items. I was told that I would get a total refund for all shipping costs (saving me $27 or so - I only went with "standard") once the order was processed and the price of the books was discounted so that I was paying the same as if I had ordered the gift set (with a pre-order discount).

The books shipped this morning, and the refund for the shipping costs has already turned up in my bank account.

I will still get the books about two weeks later than I hoped, but I only paid NZ$79 for them so am pretty content.

pukunui

Legend
Mikeythorn said:
Hi Pukunui,
I think you might be able to do better than that if you call Amazon directly.

I am in Wellington and was in the same boat as you. I had already emailed Amazon before I got the second "shipping delayed" notice yesterday, so decided to stop sodding about and rang them. After a very polite discussion (which included how crap our cricket team is at the moment) the guy at the other end gave me a profuse apology and - at my suggestion - canceled the order and made a new order for the 3 core books as seperate items. I was told that I would get a total refund for all shipping costs (saving me $27 or so - I only went with "standard") once the order was processed and the price of the books was discounted so that I was paying the same as if I had ordered the gift set (with a pre-order discount).

The books shipped this morning, and the refund for the shipping costs has already turned up in my bank account.

I will still get the books about two weeks later than I hoped, but I only paid NZ$79 for them so am pretty content.
Good to know. I'm not all that fussed now, though. I've got a PHB and my friend went and bought the three books from the store in Auckland, so he's lent me the DMG and the MM until I get my own. One of my other players has all three books as well because he's going to be DMing for his kids.

jfjohnny5

First Post
Wow. Their customer service really is all over the board. They should get some consistency. I started my phone calls and complaints on day one. Horrible communication on their end. I ended up getting a $15 promo credit. It actually ended up being cheaper (and faster as they all arrived last Saturday) for me to buy the three individually than to wait on the gift set.

pukunui

Legend
jfjohnny5 said:
Wow. Their customer service really is all over the board. They should get some consistency. I started my phone calls and complaints on day one. Horrible communication on their end. I ended up getting a $15 promo credit. It actually ended up being cheaper (and faster as they all arrived last Saturday) for me to buy the three individually than to wait on the gift set.
Yeah, that's what people keep saying. I did order a PHB by itself and have got that already. If I REALLY wanted the other two, I could order them as well but I'm willing to wait and save some money. I don't know why but I'm really stuck on getting the giftset.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads