• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Orphans unite!

Zogmo

First Post
For those of you upset at Amazon I will assume you've never ordered from them before and offer some info.

1) The date you see is a shipping estimate. Could be the day listed it will ship (and up to a week for delivery) or it may ship much later.

2) No need to access Amazon to see if it has shipped. You will get an email telling you it has shipped.

3) They are not perfect. There may be complications and things won't go the way they planned. If you wish for perfection then start you own company and do better. Good luck.

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
My patience wore thin today, so I tried to upgrade my shipping. Now Amazon says I won't get my books until July! I thinking of cancelling my order and supporting my local hobby shop. :(

If you go that route, Games Plus is giving a 20% discount on the books until the 15th.

Cirex

First Post
Zogmo said:
For those of you upset at Amazon I will assume you've never ordered from them before and offer some info.

1) The date you see is a shipping estimate. Could be the day listed it will ship (and up to a week for delivery) or it may ship much later.

2) No need to access Amazon to see if it has shipped. You will get an email telling you it has shipped.

3) They are not perfect. There may be complications and things won't go the way they planned. If you wish for perfection then start you own company and do better. Good luck.

I'm checking amazon.com often to see if my preorder seems processed, if the shipping or the delivering date have been changed and all that kind of details.

About complications, if you got X preorders, you can go below it, even if you feel that 30% of them will cancel. We are talking a product with a life-span of 4-6 years and extra stock (called security stock) wouldn't do any harm. Stock Rupture is what Amazon is suffering right now...all the money lost for the lack of stock, money that goes to other companies.

Cirex said:
Mine still says "Shipping 6th June". If I click to look at the details of the order, I can still cancel or change it.

I would like an update on my shipping date at least...

Same here... [bites nails]

Could that be because we are both non-us customers?

Cirex

First Post
Amphimir Míriel said:
Same here... [bites nails]

Could that be because we are both non-us customers?

Not sure. I think there are plenty of Americans in the same situation. Ah well, patience and PDFs.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I ordered the gift set on Tuesday, and Amazon tells me it still estimates shipment today, for what it's worth. I'm not holding my breath, especially since it separately shipped the other two items I simultaneously ordered (yay, Sweeney Todd DVD!), but I'm content.

catsclaw227

First Post
I just not got my shipment email and UPS tracking number -- the gift set has been sent via Amazon Prime and I should see it on the 10th.

baberg

First Post
Cirex said:
Not sure. I think there are plenty of Americans in the same situation. Ah well, patience and PDFs.
American here, preordered the gift set on March 16th and picked 2-day shipping. It still lists the delivery date as June 10th, but it's currently 5:15 on the East coast and it hasn't moved to "shipping" so I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm assuming it'll slip at least one day.

Mercurius

Legend
Just spoke to Amazon...

OK, here's the deal. I was concerned because while My Account still says "shipping June 6th", the product page says "in stock June 16th." Being an anxious wreck like the rest of you ;-), I decided to contact Amazon. I entered in my phone number and literally two seconds after they called me back (try it!). After explaining my concerns, the very nice customer service rep said that they have a copy reserved for me. To put it another way, if yours says "shipping June 6th" then they already have one reserved for you and you don't need to worry about the later date.

My sense is that the discrepancy in dates probably means that they had to order more from Wizards. So if you didn't pre-order before they sold out of the original batch, your gift set will be shipping June 16th or later. My guess is that Amazon underestimated how many gift sets would sell, but ordered enough individual copies.

As for when my books will actually ship, who knows. The rep seemed pretty confident that it would ship today, but we shall see.

Mercurius

Legend
Cirex said:

Aside from the sneaky Buy.com customers, it seems that the first people to get the gift sets were in Britain.

But again, I think it has something to do with specific distribution centers. Some may be busier than others, and some might have more gift sets than others. But I've never ordered something from Amazon--and I've ordered plenty--that didn't come within a couple days of the shipping date, and ALWAYS before the estimated delivery date.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads