Amazon Orphans unite!

Breezly

First Post
Not to add fuel to the fire, but...

I placed my amazon order for the gift set maybe a few weeks ago. I initially got the delay email saying shipping for mid/end-June.

The books arrived today.

I don't know anyone else's situation, but for me, I have been buying all of Christmas gifts through Amazon for the last three years, so they may have taken in previous purchase history to determine priority. Not sure, but there is hope that they will be coming to you soon as well.

mearlus

Explorer
Cirex said:
I got a discount of 5% at my product, for removing the preorder discount.

I'm patiently waiting for the 17th.

I just got a reply to my email. I'm not happy with the response at all.

"I have checked our records and see that, due to a delay on our end, the estimated shipping and delivery dates for your order were revised after you placed your order. It is our policy to notify customers whenever such delays occur, and I sincerely apologize that you were not notified in this case."

Ok, yeah, that happens...

"We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun receiving copies from our suppliers. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

In an effort to compensate you for this error, I would like to offer you a $5.00 promotional certificate for use toward your next purchase from Amazon.com."

So, you do have some? Interesting. Oh and you'll give me $5 on my NEXT purchase?

No mention of re-applying the 5% Pre-Order discount to my order. And when checking my Amazon account, I do not see any $5 credit applied to it.

"This credit should be automatically applied to your next qualifying order."

Really? I should just believe this? Shouldn't there be something in my account to identify this credit?

"We will not charge you for it until we ship it to you. We expect to ship your order in the next few business days. On the date of shipment, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment."

If that's the case, why doesn't my account reflect that? I call BS and trying to make me go away.

Man, I usually don't get heated up about stuff like this. I believe I will be replying back that this email is not resolved. Which I will bet, wont get me far.

Last edited:

Darkwolf71

First Post
After reading this thread and seeing that people who ordered in the last couple of weeks have recieved their books, while I who pre-ordered in January have an estimated delivery date of June 17 - June 24.

I make several large orders from Amazon a year. Have done so for serveral years. so, purchase history has little to do with who got their books and who got the shaft. Obviously neither does order date, nor shipping speed. (I chose one day.)

I'm just so... Grrrrrrr....

Suppose I'll send them a (polite) nasty-gram this evening. See if I can get any kind of satisfaction.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Darkwolf71 said:
After reading this thread and seeing that people who ordered in the last couple of weeks have recieved their books, while I who pre-ordered in January have an estimated delivery date of June 17 - June 24.

I make several large orders from Amazon a year. Have done so for serveral years. so, purchase history has little to do with who got their books and who got the shaft. Obviously neither does order date, nor shipping speed. (I chose one day.)

I'm just so... Grrrrrrr....

Suppose I'll send them a (polite) nasty-gram this evening. See if I can get any kind of satisfaction.
Well, if it makes you feel better, I pre-ordered in May and the e-mail I received today said my expected ship date is July 14th.

Good thing I'm not currently playing D&D or was finishing up a campaign in anticipation of starting a 4e one.

Ah well. I'm too durned busy to take the time to read them right now anyway.

F5

Explorer
I put my order in in March, had a delivery date of June 10th all along, until today, when I logged in and saw they had bumped me up to July 14th.

i sent the obligatory e-mail. My response was a lot less conciliatory than a lot of the responses you all have gotten.

In a nutshell, their response was "Too bad, sucker. You don't like it, you can cancel your order and get stuffed". In very polite terms.

Amazon.com said:
Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I'm sorry about the delay in getting your order to you. We recently
learned that "Dungeons and Dragons Core Rulebook Gift Set, 4th Edition" is
now back-ordered and will be in stock again on July 14, 2008.

And I have seen that a message was sent to you with the new estimate of
the order. I am sorry if you did not receive the e-mail.

Please know that the availability and shipping time frames listed on
our web site are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to
adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantly
changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our
original availability estimate.

I do understand that such changes can be frustrating for you. Please
accept my most sincere apologies
for this inconvenience.

If the estimated delivery date above is unacceptable, you may go ahead
and cancel the order.

Silver lining; I've got another month to find a decent offer somewhere else, so I can tell Amazon to stuff it. Suffice it to say, I won't be ordering from Amazon again soon.

AZRogue

First Post
I canceled my order for the gift set and ordered the books individually from Amazon. They shipped this afternoon. Sure it's like, what, $12 more expensive, but that's not so bad. Better than waiting until July.

Belorin

Explorer
Finally! I have the books in my hands. After exchanging several e-mails with Amazon I was given a ship date of the 9th of June and an arrival date of the 11th and here they are! It was kind of fun tracking the package as it traveled from Amazon to my house.
On a different note after hearing about the quality of the books I checked these out thoroughly, no creases, waves or smearing ink in any of the three.
I am a happy D&Der!

Bel

Remove ads