D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

teitan

Legend
This probably deserves it's own thread at this point, buuuuuuuut...

I went by one of the FLGS in my area and they were down to just 1 PF2e Bestiary book. The employee noticed where I looked and said "looking for Pathfinder?". I said yes and explained what I was seeing at other stores nearby being sold out. He said they had stocked 5 2e Core Rulebooks on release and they only sold 2 of them prior to last week. Since the initial DDB statement, they sold the other 3 books they had in stock along with everything else they had besides the remaining Bestiary book. I asked if he had any idea when they were going to get more in and he said he honestly didn't know, because the previous books sat so long they were hesitant to order more books without knowing for sure they'd sell them. He said it's possible this all blows over and the demand will go back down but for now they're gauging customer interest and looking at other things like D&D sales to figure out if they should stock more Pathfinder or not.
Thank you everyone that replied. I was genuinely curious. Both my local BooksAmillion have sold through PF2 quite a few times so I was wondering for sure or not as they also sell a lot of the Pocket Guides for 1e as well. I live in the Louisville area.

darjr

I crit!
Keys cover shows up at Amazon and it’s ranked 9 thousand something

566AD339-BC14-4850-ABED-ACBB8AD3D6E2.jpeg5F49F0CE-B31A-4A5C-86D5-A1551213A97B.jpeg

Jer

Legend
Supporter
208 pages? Yikes..

For comparison's sake:
Tales from the Yawning Portal - 248 pages
Ghosts of Saltmarsh - 256 pages
Candlekeep Mysteries - 224 pages
Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel - 224 pages
This is how they're keeping the price point the same while dealing with cost increases on their side.

I suspect that the new price point will be $60 or even $65 and be back at larger page counts, but they'll try to keep things at the current price point of $50 MSRP until the new edition drops and they can reset expectations for how much their books cost. And that means lowering page counts until they do.

This is how they're keeping the price point the same while dealing with cost increases on their side.

I suspect that the new price point will be $60 or even $65 and be back at larger page counts, but they'll try to keep things at the current price point of $50 MSRP until the new edition drops and they can reset expectations for how much their books cost. And that means lowering page counts until they do.
Shrinkflation at work. I'm sure you're right about the new books in 2024 being a price reset opportunity for WotC, similar to how video game companies typically wait until a new console to reset prices.

I feel like that's an advantage Paizo has over WotC, since the adventures they sell take on a variety of forms and sizes it's easier for them to adjust prices based on what they're selling. For example, the 256 page PF2e Abomination Vaults hardcover has a MSRP of $54.99 and doesn't seem to be light on material needed to run it. Softcover material seems to range from $9.99 to $24.99.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
208 pages? Yikes..

For comparison's sake:
Tales from the Yawning Portal - 248 pages
Ghosts of Saltmarsh - 256 pages
Candlekeep Mysteries - 224 pages
Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel - 224 pages
For 13 modules, assume 12-15 pages each, with some room for a framing device or Monsters/Items.

Remove ads