D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Did I miss @Morrus covering this somewhere already?

Also, somewhat suspicious that only Ghosts, the one adventure book tied to Greyhawk, is unavailable for sale with the new DMG and it's Greyhawk section incoming. Perhaps GoS is getting a glow-up?
I feel like it did hit the front page a few weeks back?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Ghoats of Saltmarsh is out of print yet: it is still ofr sale on Barnes & Novle, Mayne @FitzTheRuke could clarify if he has visibility on that.

Could be Amazon is just between shipments.

Zardnaar

Legend
You are old.

You get to learn about how old you are when you go back to events in your life and realise your co-workers weren't born then. Things like the Lord of the Rings films.

Cheers,
Merric

Listening to grunge now is like us listening to 60s music possibly pre Beatles. In the 90s.

More accessible now though bit you see younger ones wearing Nirvana, GNR etc shirts.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I feel like it did hit the front page a few weeks back?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Ghoats of Saltmarsh is out of print yet: it is still ofr sale on Barnes & Novle, Mayne @FitzTheRuke could clarify if he has visibility on that.

Could be Amazon is just between shipments.

I don't think it's OOP. It might be between printings, but it's more likely between shipments.

BTW, I'll post this in the other thread where we were discussing it, too, but I had a look at my store's shelf. Most of the Adventures are on their 3rd or 4th prints, while the earlier ones are up to 8th or 9th print. The PHB is at 17th Print. This is just on my shelf, and some of them may not be current prints, either because they've been on the shelf (it's possible that I've had later prints which people have grabbed first before earlier ones - not on purpose, just randomly). The PHB is probably current, because it turns over too often not to be.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I don't think it's OOP. It might be between printings, but it's more likely between shipments.

BTW, I'll post this in the other thread where we were discussing it, too, but I had a look at my shelf. Most of the Adventures are on their 3rd or 4th prints, while the earlier ones are up to 8th or 9th print. The PHB is at 17th Print. This is on my shelf, and some of them may not be current prints, either because they've been on the shelf (it's possible that I've had later prints which people have grabbed first before earlier ones - not on purpose, just randomly). The PHB is probably current, because it turns over too often not to be.
I spot checked the Errata (which they only issue in 5E for new print runs), and there are some pretty late errata for some of the early Adventures.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Ray Winninger has chimed in on the question of 5E sales:

Screenshot_20240630_213735_Chrome.jpg

Remove ads