D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

dave2008

Legend
Folks use this thread to measure how D&D is doing all the time. Has there been any movement that suggests the OGL debacle is having any impact on sales -- especially preorders of the next book (Keys)?

No, I've been looking. It has only been a few days. Less than a week? oof.
I don't know if it is related, but Dragonlance has dropped about 1,000 spots:

1673349982583.png

However, the PHB is still really high at #118 for all books:
1673350071140.png

Oofta

Legend
Anyone who watches any YouTube D&D content can't really miss us.

Since they are effected as well it's pretty much universally negative.

Last three me around 4E defenders thought a single YouTube video with 40k views mocking 3.5 helped sink 4E.

You are getting links because of the algorithms the service uses, I have no idea how widely disseminated it is. But to someone who has never used 3PP, it does not directly affect them. I've been playing pretty much since the inception of the game, I've never played in one with significant contribution from product sold by TSR or WOTC.

As far as 4E, it wasn't just a single video but beyond that I'm not getting into edition wars.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Anyone who watches any YouTube D&D content can't really miss us.

Since they are effected as well it's pretty much universally negative.

Last three me around 4E defenders thought a single YouTube video with 40k views mocking 3.5 helped sink 4E.
I played last night with one of my two regular weekly groups. All players are well into D&D and have been for years. Half of them had not even heard about this issue. None would watch D&D youtube content. It's just not something they'd do.

dave2008

Legend
I played last night with one of my two regular weekly groups. All players are well into D&D and have been for years. Half of them had not even heard about this issue. None would watch D&D youtube content. It's just not something they'd do.
Yep, no one in my groups watches any D&D youtube content. If I didn't bring it up, they wouldn't know about it.

At one point Dragonlance and Spelljammer crossed and Spelljammer is selling better now.
I think it has to do with how well the Dragonlance delux kit is selling.
The Spelljammer set also is discounted more than the Dragonlance book. For an extra $5, you can go to a FLGS and get a much nicer cover for Dragonlance. Meanwhile the Spelljammer set is $30 cheaper than MSRP on Amazon.

darjr

I crit!
Zweihander has jumped too... I think. I'll have to dig up the old number.

At $65 at 61,386 out of all books on Amazon. Not super high no, but that's good.

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 9.53.39 PM.png

Remove ads