Ampersand: Debut and Exclusive Content (Assassin Class)

Drkfathr1

First Post
Add me to the list of those concerned about the idea of "beyond level 30".

I was also pretty darned sure someone from Wotc had said there would be no "add on" system or rules for anything else, that level 30 would be it and that's why Epic was built in from the get-go.

Then again, I could be mis-remembering from vague recollections.

Ethalias

First Post
Regarding the "beyond" level 30 topic: I would be concerned if they brought out *hyper-super-epic* type rules. I didn't get that impression from the column; I imagine it would more be surrounding extended level 30 play. After all, there's no need for it to be roughly 10 encounters as with other levels as there's nowhere to go. Maybe it'll be focused on the fulfilment of epic destinies and building that into a large section of play..

Concerning the above 30 - I'm stoked.

I tend to play characters (and want to play characters) for years and years. Or decades in one case. Having some minor advancement for over 30, and support of that kind of stuff would be great. :)

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I would be happy to see a post-30th level ruleset with a few caveats:

1. Andy Collins and anyone else whose name appears on the 3E ELH must not be allowed to contribute anything. Nope, not a thing. They must never be forgiven. ;)

2. It is properly playtested. No, not subject to groupthink amongst the WotC employees: give it to the guys on the WotC CharOp boards. They have a better grasp of game mechanics than the pros so let them run with it.

3. The mechanics for skill challenges, solo monsters etc... are actually finalised. In other words, no basic game mechanics are in a state of flux.

4. Upper Krust from these boards is hired to give advice. As one of the few people who seems to have really thought and thought and thought about high level D&D play he needs to add his expertise to the process.

5. WotC asks White Wolf nicely for permission to release a 4E version of Exalted. Now that would be cool... and very unlikely to happen.

With those conditions met (and numbers 1 and 2 are the real non-negotiables for me) then I would be very interested in seeing a legendary/immortal tier ruleset.

kilamanjaro

First Post
I got the impression that PHB3 will only have 5 classes. Since we already know monk and psion does anyone have speculation on the remaining 3?
My guesses:
Psychic Warrior (psionic defender)
Sohei / Templar (divine defender)
Shugenja / Spiritualist (primal controller)
Setting for 2010 - Kara-Tur

WotC_Trevor

First Post
EDIT: don't mention the hybrid rules in the CB update tomorrow though, unlike the monk... I hope it is still in,

The hybrid playtest material which was released in Dragon 374 will be in this weeks update to Character Builder and Compendium. The updated hybrid playtest that was recently featured in Dragon 375 will not be in until next month's update. Hope that clears things up!

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I much prefer having exclusive content on DDI. It means more material, I rather not have something showcase on DDI then get put in a book since it means that whole section in the book is of no value since I already got it on DDI. Plus it means that section of the book could have been used for something new. So if the Assassin was in a book that would mean another class would be pushed off.

Remove ads