Amulet of Mighty Fist's ....expensive?

There's a necklace in Savage Species that does much the same thing, only more cheaply and sanely (who'd have thunk it?)

Necklace of Natural Weapons, I believe, and it costs 600GP plus the cost of any enhancements it confers on a given natural attack (Priced as if enchanting it as a weapon, +1 is 2000, +1 Flaming is 8000, etc.) and then multiplies the total price by the number of natural weapons so enhanced. It's a nice concept since it makes the dragons with 7 natural attacks pay to enhance them all while the riding dog just enhancing his bite isn't paying for enhancing attacks he can't use.

jason_gosse

First Post
Seeten said:
So can I just enchant my fists, and then strike with them only? Cuz I'm still just as effective as a monk, but I didnt have to pay 3x market value.

And if your hands are bound.
I have to see this item my self what book is the srd

Enforcer

Explorer
For monks the amulet makes no sense--all their unarmed attacks do the same damage with the same attack bonus. The increased price is really there for shapeshifters and critters with multiple different attacks (e.g. claw/claw/bite).

I see no reason why a Flaming Monk's Amulet +2 (and actually I think belts fit better thematically, robes too) that only affected a Monk's unarmed strike shouldn't exist for standard magic weapon prices.

NilesB

First Post
Pyrex said:
Yeah, like Druids.

For a Druid who likes to Wildshape and roll into melee it's worth every cp.

And then some.
Except for the way that it vanishes, providing no benefit whenever you enter wildshape...

Remove ads