An idea for Dungeon's and Dragon's multi-media branding...

Wicht

Hero
Over in the 5th edition thread, "WotC's Nathan Stewart: "Story, Story, Story"; and IS D&D a Tabletop Game?" I had sort of a brainstorm epiphany about how to market the Dungeons and Dragons via Movies and Television,...

Actually what DnD does have, and this would be an interesting way to develop a franchise, is strong villains: Orcus, Tiamat, Iuz, Zuggtmoy, Strahd, Lolth, etc.

It would be kinda cool, I think, to pick one of those and then write up some material where the different "episodes" are centered, not around the character of the heroes, but the machinations and character of the villain... Almost a horror movie model of a franchise, but with the tropes of Dungeons and Dragons. And it would fit the game genre too, as everyone always chooses different characters to play, but what ties us all together as gamers are the shared obstacles.

So, I was curious, what villains from the Dungeons and Dragons line do you think would make the best multi-media villains, and how you, as a creative gamer, would develop such storylines in a way that appealed to a large movie-going audience?

Remove ads