An Impressive (And Expensive) Dragon

TheAuldGrump

First Post
From Cool Mini or Not - a freakin' brute of a dragon, with a brute of a price tag -

cme010_2_1.jpg

3.5 lb of resin. For the record, CMON does some of the best miniatures that I have ever seen in resin. The rider is 30mm, to give a sense of scale.

The price is currently $250, down from $300. :confused: Despite the price, they have already sold through the first run.

For some reason the beast looks like a Blue to me....

The Auld Grump, nice, but... $300!! :eek:

Cergorach

The Laughing One

Measuring at almost 2 feet from base to wing tip and snout to tail barb, this enormous and majestic figure took Pedro Fernandez 3 months of continuous work to realize.

I've seen it before, I didn't realize it was so enormous!

Heresy Miniatures has a huge dragon (1.2kg) 200GBP (~$285)

dragon.jpg

Over 200 on the waiting list... There is at least a six month waiting list for Dragons!

NewJeffCT

First Post
The price is currently $250, down from $300. :confused: Despite the price, they have already sold through the first run.

For some reason the beast looks like a Blue to me....

Hmm, I have a birthday coming up in December... I think I may look into getting on the waiting list for this.

Treebore

First Post
If I could afford to I'd buy all of them. Unfortunately I cannot justify buying any of them, far more pressing things to buy, like gas and food.

Quickleaf

Legend
I saw this at Gencon, and it's immense, and incredibly detailed. It will probably take me forever to paint....

No kidding, you can practically see the layers of muscle on the dragon. It will be interesting to see painted pics up at CMON...say in the next 2 years ;) It's a masterpiece, and probably could be sold for a higher price.

For my vanity miniature purchases, however, I find it hard to justify spending over $30 or $40 for a dragon. Many of the aftermarket McFarlane dragons run in that range; though they are prepainted there are beautiful sculpts in the series.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'm new to the minis community, but just so I understand, this is simply a piece of art, correct? It's not something that would actually be used in a game due to its scale, is it?

Remove ads