• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An O.L.D. Conan

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I thought I'd put together an example of an advanced O.L.D. character. I went with Conan, but to be honest I don't know much about Conan, so this may not reflect him much. The main point, though, is that this is an example of a fairly advanced barbarian type character.

I haven't given him any decent equipment. Many of his tradition exploits are adjustments to derived stats, so you can see the final scores (high move and jump, that sort of thing) but I didn't list them as exploits specifically.

This was Primitive, Barbarian 5, Brawler 3, Ranger 2. Total of 11 traditions, so a dice pool cap of 11d6.

conan.jpg

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And here he is with an extra three grades of Burglar (since someone told me he wasn't roguish enough). That's now a 14d6 dice pool cap.

conan.jpg

hirou

Explorer
A funny thing, this actually sparks my interest in OLD, would you consider building other well-known characters? Or Zeitgeist conversion...

Ps: am I the only one with disappearing topic prefixes in "EN Publishing" subforum? I mean the little icons next to topic name, they simply miss

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd have to be familiar with the characters. And there would be copyright issues, so I probably couldn't name them.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Earlier works are public domain.

I'm sure fans have made Vaders. I doubt WotC has! At least, not since their license ended.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I like that he's got Carousing twice; certainly captures the feel of the character.

I've got a question I can't seem to find the answer to (at least in the O.L.D. playtest document and is somewhat related. When you go up a grade in a tradition/career, do you always get the listed attribute bonus, or only during character creation?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I like that he's got Carousing twice; certainly captures the feel of the character.

I've got a question I can't seem to find the answer to (at least in the O.L.D. playtest document and is somewhat related. When you go up a grade in a tradition/career, do you always get the listed attribute bonus, or only during character creation?

Always, yep.

And darnit! Well spotted on that double carousing entry! Most characters only have 4-6 skills; this was an example of a pretty epic one!

As a bonus, here's a look at the upcoming starter set. It's GORGEOUS!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424041286.221956.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424041296.120640.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This one was fun. A young, brand new starship captain right at the beginning of his career, long before he becomes the legend he is destined to be.

cork.jpg

Remove ads