D&D 5E And Here Is Strixhaven's Cover Art!

It's not just The Wild Beyond The Witchlight's cover art being revealed today! We also have Magali Villeneuve's cover art for Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos! Strixhaven is an upcoming D&D setting based on the recently released Magic: the Gathering world, and features a mage school -- as Theros was to Greece, Strixhaven appears to be to Harry Potter...

It's not just The Wild Beyond The Witchlight's cover art being revealed today! We also have Magali Villeneuve's cover art for Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos! Strixhaven is an upcoming D&D setting based on the recently released Magic: the Gathering world, and features a mage school -- as Theros was to Greece, Strixhaven appears to be to Harry Potter!

strix.jpg

jgsugden

Legend
We already know quite a bit about the Setting, and while there are generic parallels, they went out of their way to do something very unlike Harry Potter.
We know about what has been released. Unless you have an advance copy, we do not know what they did in the book. Until we read it, we will not.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
That said, Hsiao ARE pretty obscure, and owlfolk in general are not (heck, I have had them in my setting for years as a core part of the world; an Owl Goddess is a huge part of the 4th Branch of the Mabinogion in Welsh Mythology, and we just had a Snowy Owlbear Goddess in Icewind Dale which was very popular indeed and people were like, I want to play that!).

Plus, Gwinna is a beautiful children's book and everyone should read it (and its sister book Grandfather Twilight). Owlfolk are special and deserve a place in D&D. Hsiao? Take it or leave it.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
This will be a very fun setting. I can tell because of the stock-photoesque smiles on their faces.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Gods, I'm mourning that they cancelled "The Art of Magic: The Gathering" series.

I REALLY wanted a Theros one. And now I REALLY want a Strixhaven one. :(

I guess I'll have to suffice with this webpage to pour over the art:

Remove ads

Remove ads