D&D 5E And Here Is Strixhaven's Cover Art!

It's not just The Wild Beyond The Witchlight's cover art being revealed today! We also have Magali Villeneuve's cover art for Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos! Strixhaven is an upcoming D&D setting based on the recently released Magic: the Gathering world, and features a mage school -- as Theros was to Greece, Strixhaven appears to be to Harry Potter!

strix.jpg

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
You know, one consistent complaint I've heard here is "Why doesn't WotC create new entirely new settings instead of making books for legacy or MTG setting?"

Well, considering Strixhaven was very likely made by both teams jointly, and is entirely new to 2021, I would say Strixhaven really is the first totally original setting made for D&D since Eberron.
I would have preferred something of a different genre, always hate magic school settings.
but let's hope the next one is different.
and I hope it is good for those that want it.

Is it getting an Alternative Cover? They haven't shown/released any announcement. I'd be happy if they did though.

From one of the links posted earlier:

'Few details were provided to ComicBook.com, save for the book's standard cover by Magali Villeneuve. An alternate cover for the book will also be released, illustrated by Hydro74.'

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
This regular cover is much better than the Witchlight one, so I'm OK if there isn't an alternate on this one, although I'd love to see a cool magical textbook cover along the lines of what Candlekeep got.
disagree about "much better". To each their own of course, but I like both of them A LOT. The Withclight main cover is one of the first that I preferred over its alternate sibling.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
And hes trying to impress her saying, Look how many candles I put on books without burning the place down!
Or maybe it's: "Bah! So much for the "vampiric curse" on this grimoire! Look, I will put my hand in that beam of sunlight and prove it to you..." :)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases