• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anger of Angels by Sean Reynolds

The following is a press release about a great product, Anger of Angels by Sean Reynolds. Let me just say that this book is really something different, distinct from a lot of other d20 products out there. It's a really well-researched tome about angels, heaven, fallen angels, demons and hell. Grounded in a lot of real world lore, this book presents the material to be used in a lot of ways: PC angels and demons, angels as NPC allies/opponents, and different campaign structures that might involved celestial beings of all kinds. As such, I think it will be of interest to a lot of DMs and players of all types of campaigns--even something like a modern or futuristic campaign could benefit from this material. Anyway, that's my personal feelings. It's pretty darn cool. Now on to the official stuff:

September 25, 2003 (Renton, Wash.) — Today game designer Sean K Reynolds introduces us to the holy, the fallen, and the damned in his new d20 sourcebook Anger of Angels, on sale now from Malhavoc Press (www.montecook.com/mpress_Angels.html).

Anger of Angels gives you everything you need to run a campaign amid the Great War between Heaven and Hell, including 11 new races of angel and as many new kinds of demon, complete stat blocks for the angels and descriptions of eight archangels, geographical overviews of Heaven and Hell, plus new feats, prestige classes, mortal organizations, and angelic and demonic magic!

Anger of Angels comes as a 128-page illustrated PDF file with a streamlined page design to minimize file size for faster downloading and conserve ink for quicker printing. The book features the black-and-white artwork of David Hendee, Rob Lee, Sam Wood, and Kieran Yanner and a cover illustration from Alan Pollack. This electronic edition, regularly priced at $13, is available now from online retailers for the sale price of only $10. The book is suitable for characters of all levels and any fantasy campaign, and is totally updated for the v. 3.5 revision of the d20 System rules. Fans can sample some of the art, the book's table of contents, and a preview free at www.montecook.com.

Sean K Reynolds was born in a coastal town in southern California. A professional game designer since 1998, he has worked on roleplaying game products for Wizards of the Coast, Malhavoc Press, and other game companies. He spends his free time reading, painting miniatures, and writing two- to three-sentence biographies. His character book, Skreyn's Register: The Bonds of Magic, is also available from Malhavoc Press. Read more about him at his website, www.seankreynolds.com.

Malhavoc Press is the publisher of the award-winning Book of Eldritch Might and other d20 System titles by Monte Cook, codesigner of 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons®, and other authors. Hallmarks of Malhavoc products include unusual magic, monsters, and evocative game elements that go beyond traditional fantasy, as well as a mastery of the d20 System rules. The company was named Best Publisher at the EN World d20 System Award ceremony held at Gen Con. Malhavoc Press titles are available at www.montecook.com, along with free game design samples. Print versions are published by Sword & Sorcery™.

###

Malhavoc Press
sue@montecook.com

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The page says "Electronic edition ON SALE NOW. Print edition coming in December".

I think I'll be buying the print version when it comes out. Sounds pretty cool.

blindrage

Raging blindly since 1969
trancejeremy said:
The page says "Electronic edition ON SALE NOW. Print edition coming in December".

I think I'll be buying the print version when it comes out. Sounds pretty cool.

It did not say here that the print version was coming out later. I had to follow the link like I should done in the first place to find this out. I kinda wish Monte would put out the print version first than the PDF. But that just me.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
blindrage said:
It did not say here that the print version was coming out later. I had to follow the link like I should done in the first place to find this out. I kinda wish Monte would put out the print version first than the PDF. But that just me.
Why? It's the PDF version he has to send to the printers to get the print version in the first place? Basically, he probably releases the PDF when it's finished and sends it to the printers at around the same time. The three-ish month lag is the time it takes for the printer to print, bind, and ship to distributors and the distributors to ship to retailers.

Consider also that doing so would immediately put a sizeable "gap" in Monte's income stream... pushing the PDF product to, say, three months later (so it is released concurrent with the print version) means he has to sit on potential revenue for three months. That's not good business.

You may not be impressed by PDFs, but there are those who swear by them. And if you're disappointed that people can get them in electronic form now, well, just pay attention to the print release schedule at your FLGS and ignore Monte's "3-months-earlier" PDF releases. I hope that didn't come across as harsh, but I see no reason for your complaint - Monte's getting it into print as fast as he can - it's just FASTER to get to PDF by default, and there's no reason for him to "sit on it" so I don't see what the problem is.

--The Sigil

blindrage

Raging blindly since 1969
The Sigil said:
Why? It's the PDF version he has to send to the printers to get the print version in the first place? Basically, he probably releases the PDF when it's finished and sends it to the printers at around the same time. The three-ish month lag is the time it takes for the printer to print, bind, and ship to distributors and the distributors to ship to retailers.

Consider also that doing so would immediately put a sizeable "gap" in Monte's income stream... pushing the PDF product to, say, three months later (so it is released concurrent with the print version) means he has to sit on potential revenue for three months. That's not good business.

You may not be impressed by PDFs, but there are those who swear by them. And if you're disappointed that people can get them in electronic form now, well, just pay attention to the print release schedule at your FLGS and ignore Monte's "3-months-earlier" PDF releases. I hope that didn't come across as harsh, but I see no reason for your complaint - Monte's getting it into print as fast as he can - it's just FASTER to get to PDF by default, and there's no reason for him to "sit on it" so I don't see what the problem is.

--The Sigil

Harsh but true. You are right, I'm not impressed by PDFs. I just do not find PDFs useful or really cheaper in the long run. Just wish there was a faster way for him to get the books he writes to those of us who perfer the print version of his great books.

Planesdragon

First Post
OGC declaration?

Monte At Home said:
The following is a press release about a great product, Anger of Angels by Sean Reynolds.
Sweet. I've been waiting for this one.

One question, though: What's the OGC declaration for it? How much of the book am I going to have to re-research (or get special permission for) to include in a seperate work, such as a campaign setting or a different take on angels?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Designation of Product Identity: The following items are hereby designated as Product Identity in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, version
1.0a: Any and all Malhavoc Press logos and identifying marks and trade dress, such as all Malhavoc Press product and product line names including but not limited to
Monte Cook’s Arcana Unearthed, The Book of Eldritch Might, The Book of Hallowed Might, Skreyn’s Register: The Bonds of Magic, Chaositech, and Anger of Angels; any
specific characters, monsters, creatures, and places; capitalized names and original names of places, artifacts, characters, races, countries, creatures, geographic locations,
gods, historic events, magic items, organizations, spells, feats, and abilities; any and all stories, storylines, histories, plots, thematic elements, and dialogue; and all
artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps, and cartography, likenesses, poses, logos, or graphic designs, except such elements that already appear in
final or draft versions of the d20 System Reference Document or as Open Game Content below and are already open by virtue of appearing there. The above Product
Identity is not Open Game Content.
Designation of Open Game Content: Subject to the Product Identity designation above, the entirety of Anger of Angels is designated as Open Game Content with the
exception of the spells audible whisper, clarity of mind, confutation of the demon, heartglow, and illuminated weapon, which originally appeared in The Book of Hallowed
Might. In those spells, only the spell parameters (range, duration, etc.) and game mechanics are open, as is anything else contained herein which is already Open Game
Content by virtue of appearing in the System Reference Document or some other Open Game Content source.

*gives monte a big hug*

That's the way you do it!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads