Announcing Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition DELUXE

Nikchick

Explorer
Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition Deluxe is a premium collector's item for the true superhero connoisseur. Limited to only 500 copies, this version of the new core rulebook features a red leatherette cover embossed with the M&M logo, silver-gilt page edges, and a red ribbon bookmark. No secret headquarters would be complete without Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition Deluxe!

Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition Deluxe will be available for sale from the Green Ronin Online Store within the next day or two, but no matter when you order this item will not ship until on or around September 30.

grr2505_150.jpg

Ranger REG

Explorer
Nikchick said:
Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition Deluxe is a premium collector's item for the true superhero connoisseur. Limited to only 500 copies, this version of the new core rulebook features a red leatherette cover embossed with the M&M logo, silver-gilt page edges, and a red ribbon bookmark. No secret headquarters would be complete without Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition Deluxe!

Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition Deluxe will be available for sale from the Green Ronin Online Store within the next day or two, but no matter when you order this item will not ship until on or around September 30.

grr2505_150.jpg
At the risk of getting flamed by fans...

I recommend you delay the printing of the deluxe book until errata from the first printing of the Second Edition are searched and corrected.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Ranger REG said:

I recommend you delay the printing of the deluxe book until errata from the first printing of the Second Edition are searched and corrected.

That's crazy talk. Look what happened when Wizards of the Coast did it. People claimed that the only way to get the errata, outside of the website or course, was to buy a new book that was exclusive in having errata.

Nikchick

Explorer
Ranger REG said:

We printed them both at the same time. I expect to have the books in hand sometime next week. They're available to ship in about two weeks.

afstanton

Explorer
That's too bad, because...well...really, guys, there were a *bunch* of typos in M&M 2 Ed. I was honestly disappointed, because I expect a real "A" game from you guys. The book itself is great, but the number and type of typos there...

Sorry to be blunt about it.

(I don't have a copy with me here - at work - so I can't give you specifics, but you probably know them by now.)

That said, the Deluxe looks cool. Doubt I'll get it because I picked it up at GenCon, but sounds like a really cool thing to have.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Ranger REG said:

Two days before the deluxe edition goes on sale?

EDIT: This is not a flame :)

Nikchick

Explorer
afstanton said:
That's too bad, because...well...really, guys, there were a *bunch* of typos in M&M 2 Ed. I was honestly disappointed, because I expect a real "A" game from you guys. The book itself is great, but the number and type of typos there...

Sorry to be blunt about it.

No game book is ever typo free. :)

We've collected only a page or so of errata for this 256-page corebook, and especially considering the year we've had and what our company has gone through this year to get to this point, I consider that a home run.

afstanton

Explorer
Oh, I agree, nothing's perfect. It's just that while some of it is less than obvious, some should have been caught by a basic word processor.

That's the only complaint I have about the product, mind you. I think you guys do fantastic work, so I guess I hold you to a higher standard than the norm.

Remove ads