Another hybrid! Fear the ferocity of... the Pygmy Griffon!

Frog Slime

First Post
I love the template, Erica!

Pygmy Griffon (Hybrid Cat/Hawk)
Tiny Beast
Hit Dice: 1d10 (5 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (average)
AC: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural)
Attacks: 2 claws +5 melee, bite +0 melee
Damage: Claw 1d2-3, bite 1d3-3
Face/Reach: 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft./ 0 ft.
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 5, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Balance +13, Climb +5, Hide +15*, Move Silently +7, Spot +3*
Feats: Weapon Finesse (claw, bite)
Climate/Terrain: Any forest, hills, plains, and mountains
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: -

As their name would suggest, these housecat-sized beasts look for all the world like miniature griffons.

Combat
Just as ferocious as their larger cousins, these creatures will attack any creature that nears their nest.
Skills: Pygmy griffons receive a +4 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks and a + 8 racial bonus to Balance checks. They use their Dexterity modifier for Climb checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus rises to +8. Pygmy griffons gain a +8 racial bonus to Spot checks in daylight.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
CUTE! I want one!

lol

Glad youre enjoying the template! Makes me feel good since I couldnt get a decent Dire Animal template. lol

psychognome

First Post
Frog Slime...

...in my opinion, you deserve to die a most painful death in the pits of Abyss for creating this monstrosity!
D'you mind if I use it on my players? :D

Frog Slime

First Post
I can't imagine it being a threat unless you start your players at zero level, but yeah, go ahead.

Also, the thought occured to me that the stats might be used for Griffon chicks, if your players are the nest-raiding type.

Devon

First Post
I love griffons so much...

I bet this glorious little creature would work as a familiar, or at least in Improved Familiar. The wizard/sorceror could get a bonus to spot checks from the pygmy griffon's eagle eyes.

I love it. Thanks to you both.

Devon

psychognome

First Post
Pygmy griffon familiar!

Brrrilliant! This creature is just so abominably wrong, cute and fluffy that I just have to have my players meeting an evil sorcerer/wizard with one! Thank you, Devon!

Remove ads