• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .

Anabstercorian

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hey all!

Okay I just have two and a half pages to change/edit/fix and we are all done. I could probably get them finished within 2-3 hours except for the fact that I am so tired I can't concentrate properly and I have been hunched over this computer so long my back feels like Sub-Zero just ripped my spine out. So I am just going to bed and come at things with a fresh pair of eyes in the morning.

I tried to update my website with this news and the cover image, but unfortunately the webspace provider has seen fit to take the control panel offline for repairs. I think it should be back up again by tomorrow though *fingers crossed*. :heh:

http://www.mammothdata.com/CustomerService.html

I'm not surprised. The reason I'm not surprised is because you suck at meeting deadlines.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I think that UK dwells on a plane with a substantially slower time rate than ours. So what is "tomorrow" for him is "next week" for us. This explains much of the tardiness.

Not all of it, though. :(

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It's now been about twenty hours since U_K said he'd need to sleep and 2-3 hours on top of that...even if the website can't be updated, the online stores should be working fine. Is there any reason why this isn't done yet? :mad:

DDM

First Post
Anabstercorian, I'm with you too. :)

Do you have cats, UK ?
Since Anabstercorian is taking the dogs, I could use your cats.
Especially since your main web site seems to be down. :p

Edit: now it works... 1st time in 2 days.. I knew I had to say something bad about it somewhere to obtain some results. heheheheee

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
I'm actually kind of worried about UK now. Usually by this time he's shown up to defend his honor, but there's been neither peep nor pout from him. Does anyone know if he's not okay or somesuch?

FINISHED

Who's ya daddy now be-@tches!

Okay enough frivolity, I was unavoidably away from the computer most of Friday and Saturday so even though there was only a few hours left to do it still took two days. :eek:

But its done now. So listen up, heres the plan of attack.

Its midnight here now and I still can't update my website, and I am not going to sort out ENWorld shop and RPGNow tonight, I'm ruddy knackered. However this presents an opportunity to run it past all those who purchased the unofficial release. If any of you (who purchased the unofficial version) email me tonight (within the next 60 minutes lets say) I will send you the zipped version of the pdf (amazingly only 1.5 meg). If you can spot any flaws within the next 12 hours or so email me back and I will fix the pdf - then add the bookmarks for what is essentially the final version. Then I will start a new thread here at ENWorld (posting all the details of how to buy), update my website (if I am able), and sort out the ENWorld Shop and RPGNow stuff.

So if there are any regulars out there, email me now.

Anyone who didn't purchase the unofficial release, the pdf will be on sale tomorrow. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Ah, and just when I needed the Nexus Dragon, too. :D Everybody, when you get the document, make a post, and I'll work out a collective proof-reading plan - dole out who proofreads what, and so forth.

Okay, under Amidah, you reference his 'casater' level. A minor typo, but easy to fix. Thought I'd mention.

I really like your fix for the force golem. Makes a lot of sense and well defined.

Diamond Golem's cascading slam: I'd change from "A successful save halts all current cascading damage." to "A successful save prevents damage and ends the effect," but that's just nitpicky.

Re: Echoing weapon. I'm not totally sure that weapon enchantment is wise - it takes the absurd situation of the Bag of Snails that 3.5 took pains to remove and makes it even worse. On the other hand, +25 is a lot. I'll leave it to your expertise to determine.
(Actually, scratch that - there's no way any of the snails will survive the first hit, so this isn't something that can be conveniently arranged. Your foes will just have to have the sense to fight you one-on-one, or die horrifically.)

Re: Cometary Dragon: BAD KRUST. Any version of Seventh Sense that involves replaying rounds is a pain in the ass and you should be able to do better. Save it for the print version, though.

Re: Quintessence Elemental: I maintain that the wording on Soul Mastery is vague. Let's say you've got a Quintessence Elemental and Zeus fighting against a Quintessence Elemental and Hades. Zeus and Hades attack each other - do they get their Divine bonuses?
Still, nice job with Schism, that clarified a lot.

Last edited:

Remove ads