• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anti-Hero Campaign Help Needed

Mr.Panda

First Post
Hey people, I'm kinda new, this is my second post about my evil gaming party. I've decided to go ahead and make it a Villain's Campaign. Are there any useful threads on here I could look into? Also any links to any resource material would be greatly appreciated.

Mr.Panda

First Post
ya CE

Yeah they are CE, same party as in the last post. Some players were switched out but not for any one level headed. I'd like to steer the party into a more rewarding direction then just the sating of spontaneous evil appetites. But I'm not quite sure how, thus this thread. I read the Gnome Stew link (thank you Jonesy) and I haven't tried making the general world they are in an evil place (such as the Underdark). So that might work. Also railroading and an even nastier evil that threatens them as well as the good people might work. Gonna give those a shot next week and see what happens.

Last edited:

dicechild

First Post
Rewarding

You might also consider rewarding EXP based upon the goal as opposed to per encounter. Just like any criminal enterprise, they learn little upon success because it goes as planned. If they fail however; they tend to look at the failure as something to overcome.

If they insist upon evil characters, make them align with demons who are always ready to take a new soul, or some other entity that they must also fight against in order to maintain their own mental abilities and not become mental slaves. Also maybe show what can happen as they become slaves to a dark master.

Remove ads