Antioch, IL - Two spots open D&D 3.5 campaign

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
We play almost every Friday night in Antioch, IL from 7-midnight. Currently playing D&D 3.5. This will probably be our last 3.5 campaign before switching to 4E. We will either continue the Savage Tide campaign (currently 11th level) or start new with Rise of the Runelords. We are a very social group interested in being friends that hang out and have fun first and foremost, with the game being the 'excuse' for hanging out. If you are too serious about the game and can't tolerate the occasional tangents of friends socializing, this group is not for you.

Drop a message here if you are interested in joining the group. We range in age from mid-twenties to upper-thirties. I am the DM and have mellowed from the Killer DM of old to the anything goes DM of today. We spend money on all these books, why not use 'em? Common sense prevails if things get too out of hand, but I only step in when something is grossly overboard. My goal is for everyone to have fun - including me.

Note to the Future: The first 4E campaign I plan to run will be loosely based in the setting of Barsaive from the Earthdawn RPG. The setting is the epitome of "points of light" and should be fun for the first go at 4th.

Last edited:

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Dfranco83 said:
I just was curious if that was still true.

We definately have one spot still open. The other spot was taken, but the person who joined us is still deciding whether our style fits his tastes. And with a 1 hour, 15 minute drive one-way I don't blame him. :eek:

Drop me any questions you have. If you're still interested after that we can figure out where to meet to satisfy my wife's "must meet people in person before inviting to our house" rule. :D

Dfranco83

First Post
Where to meet?

Well I know this weekend I have to go and help my gf move out of her apt in school. I am free tomorrow night for a little bit and than i am going to meet a buddy hopefully for drinks later on that night since I haven't hung out with him.

I very much understand where you are coming from since I would like to know gaming style and such. You actually live very close to my good buddy who lives off of Shannon and Lake Ave or is it blvd.

He use to game and would be very interested, but he works out at Uline so Friday's are up in the air for him.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
The easiest place for me to meet would be Friends Hobby in Antioch. The store is located in the Antioch train station mall. I get off the train there on weekdays at 6PM. My weekends (especially this time of year) are quite busy. Also, the store's closed on Tuesdays. I just need a little warning - if I work late I might not make it there until 7:30.

Let me know if that works for you.

Dfranco83

First Post
I could stop by after work today or just any day during the week, but I wouldn't be able to get there until about 6:30 or so depending on traffic.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
No, it follows my other passion...scrapbooking,

:D

Games, trains, models, etc. Don't be scared by the clutter, they're still in the process of moving in.

Remove ads