• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Any cool adventure mashups?

Wrathamon

Adventurer
A good mash-ups are more for TV style story driven type adventures imo (not sandbox, but not to say you couldnt, but sandbox can have many adventures that arent connected).

One adventure is the Meta plot of the tv show with the other adventure(or adventures) as the primary plot of that episode.

Other, I have done a lot is the Twist or weave style. You weave two adventures together as plots of one pop up you weave the player into the other story arc or the players weave themselves towards which hooks present themselves more enticing. As one story arc ends the other starts to climax and you weave the next story arc in or end with a bang. The adventures arent run sequentially.

I did these with some of the published Eberron adventures and the RPGA adventures with new encounters\story moments to bridge them together. It worked really well and was probably one of the longer running campaigns I had during 3.5.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
In 3.5, I did a mash-up of:
1. Isle of Dread with
2. Dwellers of the Forbidden City as the replacement city near the center of the Isle with
3. Lost Shrine of Tamoachan as one of the pyramids in the City.

Have also mashed up Gary Gygax's Necropolis with Tomb of Horrors.

EvanNave55

Explorer
I read an interesting article somewhere, I wish I could remember where! Anyway, they talked about building a sandbox campaign using published modules. The idea is to take some hex paper or whatever, and a (handful of adventures. Make some marks on the paper- one for each adventure. Then fill in the terrain as appropriate- have a desert adventure? Put it in a desert, right?
Find logical links between the modules. Then find a strong base of operations for the PC'S- a city, a keep or fort, etc., and let them explore. Prepare some random roadside encounters, drop a plot hook when you feel like it, and see what happens. Your players will think that you're brilliant. ...and they could be right.😎

This is amazing... I was planning on doing exactly this with some solo campaigns which iwas hopingto start up inabout a week!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads