Any Dark Sun info from DDXP yet?

I'm alright with the idea of Themes, and I think it's a good expansion to add to a campaign. I can certainly see uses for themes outside of Dark Sun, such as anyone who wants to design Faction abilities in Planescape, or bloodline stuff in Birthright.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Ten, eh? Hm. Let's see if I can guess them.... "Templar, Wild-Talent, Gladiator, Elemental Priest, Veiled Alliance, Wilder .... and, um.... Trader, Raider, Some sort of wilderness warrior theme, and....?
Themes seem like a 4e version of Fantasy Craft's Specialties. I'd think we could have a Theme that could let any class function like the 2e DS bard, a Poisonmaster/Alchemist. I could see an Aristocrat Theme. Warmaking was a major part of the original Dark Sun presentation, Battlesystem was used a lot, so how about a Soldier theme. Could Slave be a theme? A Scholar theme?

Last edited:

Nai_Calus

First Post
I dunno. There has been a fair amount of FR stuff I've seen popping up - particularly the backgrounds.

Really, though, I imagine someone will put together a couple of extra DARK SUN themes and submit them to Dragon or something. I'm sure I'll take a stab at one or two, myself.

Yeah, I'm just thinking of actual character support, though. Like backgrounds for various places that we still don't have over a year later even though they're still around. Apparently your elf/eladrin can't possibly be from Evermeet or Evereska, just Myth Drannor. Zuh? A pre-spellplague Evermeet elf/eladrin could still easily be around, or a post-SP one could have found his way back to the real world and Faerun; and Evereska's still there. :hmm:

Swordmage, Drow and Genasi have gotten stuff, sure, but those aren't really realms-specific past appearing in the book and the support is largely generic-world, not FR-world.

And Eberron just seems to be getting the short end. Especially Changelings. Racial feats? What're those? :erm:

Hopefully we'll see a lot more in the future for all the campaign settings. There's really nowhere to go but up in regards to that. :p

Nai_Calus

First Post
The reports I've seen say that we'll be getting Dark Sun content via Insider literally every month. Given the naked enthusiasm the developers have for the setting, I'm not surprised.

True, they actually seem to like and be excited about Dark Sun, so maybe it won't just languish. I don't even like DS, but I'm tired of the almost nothing we get for FR and tired of the absolutely nothing Eberron keeps getting. Maybe they'll actually keep to doing stuff for DS so y'all can have some nice things.

I'm just skeptical because of the track record on such things, and I seem to recall that they claimed at the time that they were going to keep FR supported in DDi, which they've done a fairly meh job of IMO(Especially from a character standpoint, and they could honestly fix that with at most two decent-length articles to give us the missing backgrounds and a few PPs for things that are iconic in the setting but don't have anything for them yet and I'd be happy). And yeah, Eberron. I can't even name an Eberron article off the top of my head. >_>;

Here's hoping it improves for DS. (For all settings while we're at it. More shorter articles has sucked, but maybe they can leverage that into setting articles that people don't whine about as much. :p)

Remove ads