• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any gamers in Southern Illinois?

shadow

First Post
Ever since my previous gaming group disbanded a while back, I've been looking for a group to game with. Are there any gamers in Southern Illinois that would be interested in gaming with me? I can't drive to far to a game, so it would have to be somewhere close to Carbondale (within a half hour drive or so). I'm wanting to play D&D 3e or d20 Modern, but I'll be willing to give about anything a try. I'm familiar with D&D (all editions), GURPS, Shadowrun, and StarWars (both WEG and d20 versions). Give me an e-mail if anyone is intersted in gaming with me.

Painfully

First Post
Have you talked with the gamers that meet at the student center on campus every Saturday night? You're near a college campus and you can't find gamers?! You're not trying very hard :)

Castle Perilous is the local game store--post a notice if you haven't already done so.

shadow

First Post
Have you talked with the gamers that meet at the student center on campus every Saturday night? You're near a college campus and you can't find gamers?! You're not trying very hard

I suppose that you're talking about the Strategic Games Society. I've been a member of the SGS in the past, but unfortunately the SGS hasn't worked out for me to well. The games I were able to get in generally were pick up games. Since I have trouble making a 12-6pm game every Saturday (I'm often not free Saturdays), I haven't been able to really get into a lot of their games. Moreover, I've had problems with many of the games I played with SGS. This hasn't been a problem with any of the gamers (Most of the people I know in the society are pretty good people), but rather the way the games are played. The games I have played with the SGS have been very large (once I played with as many as 10 players). Consequently I haven't really felt like "part of a group", but rather one player in an impossibly large group. Moreover, not being to attend every Saturday, I have never been able to DM, something I enjoy doing. What I'm really looking for, I suppose, is a small close-knit gaming group, not a large university group.

Remove ads