Any good news?

Rykion

Explorer
The good news is that after my surgery this coming Tuesday I will probably not need any more treatment for my melanoma. :)

The bad news is my left ear will look like someone took a bite out of it. I'll have to blame it on Mike Tyson when anyone asks. :heh:

Herschel

Adventurer
The world mostly sucks but after much searching, researching, patience and negotiating I finally got my new drum set and wow, does it ever rock!

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
The good news is that one reason you don't notice or hear about as much good news is that most of it is normal and expected (millions of children received hugs and kisses from their parents before heading to school today). Bad news is typically something unusual and so it catches our attention.

Hopefully that won't ever switch.

Dioltach

Legend
I have a large translation job that's due on Monday morning. I was planning to work on it all weekend (well, apart from Sunday evening, when I'm playing D&D), but I just saw that almost the whole document can be cut and pasted from an earlier translation. And I still get paid for it!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
FWIW, I'm currently splicing the genes of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwG1t-NVAA"]The Most Interesting Man in the World[/ame] with those of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE"]The Old Spice Guy[/ame] in order to take the first steps to creating the Dorsai.

Jack7

First Post
Yesterday I got the best news I have ever gotten in my life: my son was born.

It wouldn't let me give XP congratulations, but congratulations anyhow.

We got some excellent news last week. My wife became unemployed (the site where she works is closing).

That might seem counter-intuitive as good news, at first glance, but I'd been encouraging her to quit for awhile and do other things she would enjoy far more. To pursue her real interests and desires.

I already had a contingency plan for this anyway (I got plans for everything), so it didn't bother me at all she lost her job. It wasn't like it was her fault anyway. Terrible economy.

But we've been talking and she is finally going to start pursing things she wants to do. She's talking about going into radio and broadcasting, about becoming a public speaker, about doing some missions work, and is even entertaining the idea of a secondary political career. (As a black conservative she already has some people interested in talking with her.) At the end of the month she'll be taking a class in voice-over work. I think she'd do quite well at any of these pursuits.

She's already cut a gospel CD (which sold several copies) and so she can now pursue her musical career in earnest if she wishes. I hope she will. I'll help her get an agent if she wants. And she'll be able to spend more time with the kids.

As for me my non-fiction writing career is doing quite well and I'm finally at the point where I've got agents and editors interested in looking at my fictional works. I've got some new inventions I'm getting interest in, and my studies for the priesthood are going very well - just finished Augustine's Enchiridion De Fide Spe et Caritate (Faith, Hope, and Charity). Plus I've got an opportunity to work on a couple of interesting scientific projects in the meantime. Biology/medical experiments mostly.

So my wife becoming unemployed has been a real Godsend and an answer to prayer. It will allow us an opportunity to pursue many things that we couldn't have nearly as easily pursued otherwise. I have a feeling next year will be the most productive year of our marriage so far.

Now I know many people are hurting from this bad economy. and I hope and pray the situation for those people improves rapidly. But for us, personally, it's opened up a number of very good opportunities that she, and we, might not have otherwise pursued.

So I'm very optimistic about the future.
And hope others are doing well too.

Remove ads