Any good one session non dungeon crawl 3.5 ed adventures?

areola said:
As it says in the title.. Any good one session non dungeon crawl adventures?
Yeah, all sorts of them.. the problem is you didn't mention what your system is (I'll assume 3.5) what the level of the group is and what world you are playing in.

All that said, I would start with the WotC achieves page. There is a whole boatload of adventures on their site, some of them are down right packed with one-time awesomeness. The question though, is whether you are willing to alter a bit of it to make it fit into your existing world. If you want a one-off just for the grins of it, then it is definitely the place to start. Also, they're free. :D

areola

First Post
Oh sorry forgot to mention. Yeah its 3.5 alright. Group level is one. They are just starting out. But the problem is that most level one adventures are dungeon based.

Crothian

First Post
The 11th Hour by Tricky Owlbear. Its a PDF so its pretty cheap. It has no dungeon crawl. In fact it has no combat and can be run in real time. I really liked this module and Bret Boyd did a great job writing it. It is for first level characters.

Psion

Adventurer
Maiden Voyage, by Atlas, if for levels 1-3. It has the PCs on an ill-fated voyage on the high seas. It was for 3.0, but I recall few details that would be shifted.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I'll jump in here and assume the OP meant 3.5 D&D. I can recommend "Shut In" by F. Wesley Schneider and James Sutter in Dungeon #128. I've run it for both my groups, once at level 2 and another at level 8 with significant creature updates and both groups equally adored it.

"An elusive killer is leaving a trail of noble blood across the city. When the PCs are recruited to protect an influential spinster, they discover that more is afoot at Dromdal House than anyone suspects. In fact, they may be the ones who need protection. A D&D adventure for 2nd-level characters."

Best of all, one villain is updated with a nasty prestige class in Complete Scoundrel by WotC. :)

-DM Jeff

Last edited:

roguerouge

First Post
Salvage Operation from Dungeon 123 is superb. Explore a floating wreck. Fight the inhabitants who are totally plausible to be there. Get off before the boat sinks. The final two combats took 32 and 27 rounds each. Epic low-level goodness! For 2nd level characters, but you can scale it.

It's sort of a dungeon-crawl, albeit at sea...

Rechan

Adventurer
DM_Jeff said:
I'll jump in here and assume the OP meant 3.5 D&D. I can't recommend "Shut In" by F. Wesley Schneider and James Sutter in Dungeon #128. I've run it for both my groups, once at level 2 and another at level 8 with significant creature updates and both groups equally adored it.

"An elusive killer is leaving a trail of noble blood across the city. When the PCs are recruited to protect an influential spinster, they discover that more is afoot at Dromdal House than anyone suspects. In fact, they may be the ones who need protection. A D&D adventure for 2nd-level characters."

Best of all, one villain is updated with a nasty prestige class in Complete Scoundrel by WotC. :)

-DM Jeff
Sidenote: I love that adventure. I'd happily run it. :)

Two, what was the PrC you used, out of curiosity?

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Rechan said:
Sidenote: I love that adventure. I'd happily run it. :) Two, what was the PrC you used, out of curiosity?

Spoiler here: WotC made the Avenging Executioner prestige class and used Peck the Swan Streeet Slicer as the NPC example on pages 24-28 of Complete Scoundrel!

-DM Jeff

Remove ads