any ideas

Odysseus

Explorer
My current campiagn will becoming to the end of an adventure arc soon.
And I'd like to hear if anyone has some inspiring ideas for me.

The plot arc will have the party trying to rescue fifty plus prisoners from the Lair of a vampire Rakshasa. Who specilizes in alchemy and magic diseases. And has been using the prisoners to experiment on.
The Rakshasa lair is located near to Karsoluthiyl, a drow city in the underdark. The party will probably arrive via a portal near to the Rakshasa lair.

The party will be around 12th level(3.5 ed)

I'd like to make this section of the adventure as exicting and as climatic as i can. So any ideas , please post.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Are you looking for ideas for the confrontation with the vamp-rak or for what comes after?

For the vamp-rak, I would suggest having some vampire spawn of various underdark races (drow vampires...eep) as well as from among the prisoners. Since he likes to experiment, particularly in the areas of alchemy and disease, I'd introduce something akin to exploding zombies. The idea being, the zombie isn't meant to be a combat encounter, but more of an obstable/trap. When it gets to within 10 or 20 feet of the party, it explodes, showering them with alchemist's fire, alchemical acid, perhaps even tanglefoot bag goo, or the zombie disintegrates, permeating the air with some sort of virulent plague with no onset time (it starts effecting the party immediately).

Since he's set up near a drow city, that's probably where he gets most of his supplies from (have to feed the prisoners after all, at least until you're done experimenting). Depending on the party's alignment, they may be interested in securing some allies or assistance from the drow. Alternately, the arrangement the vamp-rak has with the drow may include defense, putting a variety of "normal" drow in the party's way.

Odysseus

Explorer
I'm primarily looking for a climatic encounter than ends with the party escaping with the prisoners.
Things like drow, derro, quaggoth, mindflayer etc as vampires could be interesting.

Ry

Explorer
crazypixie said:
Alternately, the arrangement the vamp-rak has with the drow may include defense, putting a variety of "normal" drow in the party's way.

Hello Kalro.

"The Backwards Hand is ever treacherous."

Remove ads