• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any New greyhawk news/confirmations?

moticon

First Post
Hi,

I'm an LG player for the last 5 years... I saw in the thread on the seminar that ashockney (sp?) heard that LG will come to a glorious and triumphant end next year and then reset with new characters.

This is supported by the video interview of Andy collins. In that interview he said there would be no conversion documents for old to new characters, as it just wouldn't work in a practical sense, and last time it really didn't achieve what they (Wizards?) wanted.

So... I'm wondering if anyone else had talked to people at RPGA central, wizards booth, etc out at Gencon...

Can this be confirmed or denied based on what people are hearing?

pat

dguerrieri

Explorer
RPGA news?

I would imagine that any RPGA and/or LG annuncements would be made at the RPGAmembers meeting tonight at 6:30. Hopefully some who is ther can post in a timely manner as to any and all annoucements made.

Waldorf

First Post
moticon said:
This is supported by the video interview of Andy collins. In that interview he said there would be no conversion documents for old to new characters, as it just wouldn't work in a practical sense, and last time it really didn't achieve what they (Wizards?) wanted.

Meaning it didn't boost their sales figures as much as they hoped it would.

No conversions = Greater sales for the new edition

This stuff is easy to translate.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Waldorf said:

That makes no sense. People converting to a new edition would be buying a new edition anyway.

I know there's a massive desire to snark on some people's parts, but it should at least make some sort of logical sense.

Agamon

Adventurer
Waldorf said:

This stuff is easy to translate.

LG came about because Living City was growing long in the tooth and would be difficult to convert.

To everything, turn, turn, turn...

I've already read that Greyhawk is out as the default seting. It also looks like Living Greyhawk is kaput.

Maybe they will finally sell Greyhawk to a third party publisher.

Paizo, anyone?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads