WOIN Any one have stats for a helicopter in WOIN NOW?

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
The NOW Core Rulebook has a variety of ground vehicle stats (very useful, thank you!), but there is an unfortunate lack of aircraft. Any suggestions on stats for something like a Mi-17 Hip? And any thoughts on how one might adjust the Eons #133 Car Chases rules to accommodate a pair of these helicopters with bad guys chasing a couple of trucks/lorries and SUVs? The bad guys aren't suicidal, so they're not going to set down in front of the lorries on a blind turn or something like that, but they will be shooting at the ground vehicles and trying to force them to stop. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

M3woods

Explorer
Mil Mi-17
  • Year: 1977
  • Cost: $2,750,000
  • Adj: 15,125,000
  • Quality: Exceptional (+2d6)
  • Upgrades: 14 (6 remaining)
  • Occupancy: 3 (pilot, co-pilot, engineer)/+up to 24 troops
  • SPEED: 17
  • ACCEL: 9
  • HANDL: 6
  • HEALTH: 156
  • SOAK: 15
  • DEFENSE: 4
1x Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23 autocannon (6d6 Ballistic damage, Range 16)
2x Rocket Pods (14x S-8 rockets (6d6+2 Heat Damage, Range 20, Burst 4, Artillery)

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
Other than the fact that it flies, I assume he just used the usual vehicle conversion rules.
Ahh, my bad, I saw the title "Converting Vehicles" on p.117 of the NOW rulebook and skipped over it since I thought it was more about how to Pimp My Ride and convert listed vehicles into armed Road Warrior machines, which is not what I was seeking. I didn't consider that it might also include guidelines for creating vehicle stats from scratch. Thank you for pointing this out Morrus!

M3woods

Explorer
Other than the fact that it flies, I assume he just used the usual vehicle conversion rules.
Yes, I used the conversion rules in N.O.W. for all the stats. The one exception is ACCEL. Since it's near impossible to find the 0-60 time for aircraft, I had to seek out a formula for that. Which then required me to find a formula for determining power (thrust/lift). Yay, math!

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
Yes, I used the conversion rules in N.O.W. for all the stats. The one exception is ACCEL. Since it's near impossible to find the 0-60 time for aircraft, I had to seek out a formula for that. Which then required me to find a formula for determining power (thrust/lift). Yay, math!
Thanks so much, you rock! If you could share that math formula you found for power (thrust/lift), that would be terrific so that I could do this myself in the future.

Remove ads