D&D 5E Any Realms news?

HobbitFan

Explorer
Anyone heard anything new about what's going on with the Forgotten Realms, in terms of either the RPG Setting or the novels?

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Apparently there are now 3 authors for the FR in terms of novels. One is Salvatore, One is Greenwood.. am not sure who the 3rd novel writer is.

In regards to a campaign setting book for FR, no news. There has been a 'none will be made' a 'we are thinking about it' and assorted other posts.

The only FR information you will get at the moment is stuff out of either Hoard of the Dragon queen, Rise of Tiamat and the soon to be released Princes of the apocalypse. If you want more , you will need to either play in some Adv League Expeditions scenarios which are currently all set in Phlan (ie the Moonsea region). Next season they are mostly all set In Mulmaster.

Each of these scenarios adds a bit more FR lore.

tomservo999

Explorer
I barely have the time to run the one game I have, let alone go 50 miles to the nearest AL location. I just want my Realms material in one location. Not scattered over 3 (or more) modules I may or may not ever want to run, and a bunch of AL material I will never be able to lay eyes on.

Last edited:

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Hobbitfan simple asked where he could find current FR information: which I provided. Im not going to speak to the merits or penalities of AL here.

tomservo999

Explorer
Hobbitfan simple asked where he could find current FR information: which I provided. Im not going to speak to the merits or penalities of AL here.

I am not questioning its merits either. I am all for it. It's a great thing if you have access/ I simply do not have access to it. I have tried reading Salvatore's novels and have been unable to slog through them. As far as Realms news, the only thing above and beyond what you added I can offer is a couple webs sites that hint about what is going on in 5e Realms.

http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2014/08/on-forgotten-realms-in-5th-edition.html

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17850

I don't know if these add anything that isn't already common knowledge.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
What is stopping WotC or Paizo from making one book made out of all the adventures of a season anyway? Seems like a nice annual release. A book full of short adventures across many levels somewhat related.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Apparently there are now 3 authors for the FR in terms of novels. One is Salvatore, One is Greenwood.. am not sure who the 3rd novel writer is.

In regards to a campaign setting book for FR, no news. There has been a 'none will be made' a 'we are thinking about it' and assorted other posts.

The only FR information you will get at the moment is stuff out of either Hoard of the Dragon queen, Rise of Tiamat and the soon to be released Princes of the apocalypse. If you want more , you will need to either play in some Adv League Expeditions scenarios which are currently all set in Phlan (ie the Moonsea region). Next season they are mostly all set In Mulmaster.

Each of these scenarios adds a bit more FR lore.

R.A.Salvatore, Ed Greenwood and Erin M Evens.

Erin's latest book is a nice one, and set up. The stage. For what's happening in Cormyr right after the spellplauge.

Warder

HobbitFan

Explorer
I don't see how WOTC can follow the Sundering with silence.
If they were going to be doing nothing with the realms and taking a hand off approach then why announce that they are fixing the realms and that exctiting stuff is in store for the Realms and for Realms fans.
Did plans change between the Sundering announcements and now?
What was the Sundering ground work for if not a revamped campaign setting?

Makes no sense...

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Have you heard of Tyranny of Dragons? Or Elemental Evil? And each storyline comes with an adventure path and AL adventures that show cast different regions of the realms.

Warder

Remove ads