• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

any reason a Lich couldnt be assassinated (ie: Death Attack)

Nac_Mac_Feegle

First Post
Flavour wise, I would have said that Death Strike by an Assassin is a death affect, and why I hear you ask?

Because your an assassin, your being paid to kill people, to kill people in a world where raise dead exists, and you're usually being paid to kill very wealthy or influencial people, who can affford raise dead. Now your average wizard isnt an assassin, so although he has access to the spells that cause death affects, he isnt the one people go to for an assassination.

If you can be raised form an Assassins Death Strike, it makes the ability pointless form a game world perspective, you're not going to pay an assassin to kill someone if the local clergy can just raise him again, you want him dead, and dead for good.

Its not always about the RAW, but also about the purpose of the Ability and the Prestige class. I know this is the rules forum, but taking the rules without context is pointless

Feegle Out :cool:

Dheran

First Post
IcyCool said:
As PallidPatience mentioned, even if you cast Gravestrike and got your sneak attack damage, the Lich is immune to effects that allow a fortitude save, so the Death Attack portion of your attack would still fail.
You're right; I was too hasty and only covered half of the solution with Grave Strike. The correct spell is Spark of Life, which will "tenderize" the lich so that it loses its immunity to Fortitude save effects.

Remove ads