D&D 5E Any recourse for a PHB that has fallen apart?

guachi

Hero
So my PHB is a whopping 3 months old and 60 pages (130-190) have fallen out of the book already.

Given the widespread complaints about the horrible physical quality of the binding, is WOTC doing anything to back up the quality of their product? Have they offered to replace wrecked copies?

guachi

Hero
Okay... why didn't I use search first?

It appears that one might be able to get a replacement. Has anyone succeeded? Or should I just glue (Gorilla Glue) it back myself. The cover and the pages are in awesome shape! And it's a signed copy, so don't really want to return it if I don't have to.

Stormonu

Legend
Interesting - I and my friends had some issues with our 4E core books, but nothing with my 5E copies (or previous editions). How "widespread" has this issue been?

Also, someone here took their old 1E Unearthed Arcana to (I think) Kinkos and had it rebound as a spiral book. I think it was in the General RPG section.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Including this thread that's the third time I heard about PHBs falling apart, so I'm not sure that it's widespread, or happens a lot.

Anyway, just contact WotC and have it replaced.

Warder

thalmin

Retired game store owner
if you want to keep the signed copy, ask for help from your public library. The librarian has to deal with book repairs all the time, perhaps he or she can explain how you could best make the repairs.

birdchili

Explorer
My phb binding snapped during gentle use before I even had a chance to play a game.

I took it back to the classy gaming store where I bought it (no receipt) and they replaced it on the spot.

Hard to get a read on how widespread this is given that there are a lot of PHBs out there already, but it's a bit concerning when a *reference book* is falling apart in this kind of timeframe. Don't eliminate the goodwill you're earning with a well put-together ruleset by releasing it in a not-well-put-together book, Wizards.

Remove ads